PDA

View Full Version : :::::===- - - - DOTS RULE - - -===:::::

Archive
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony Clevamonte</b><p>but -<br /><br />Even a kid can figure out that if you had to cut out the individual players from the strip last year, you do again this year, even if there are no dotted lines. But with no dotted lines, you have a choice of cutting down the middle between the players, or eliminating the white borders completely!<br /><br />But once you move from strip cards to other multiple player cards, it becomes more difficult a choice. What to do?<br />For example, the 1935 Goudey four in ones, really can be cut apart. But they shouldn’t be. The reason I know that they shouldn’t be is because there is a puzzle on the backs of the cards, which would be ruined if the cards were cut apart.<br />But the 1941 double plays should be cut apart. The way I know this is because the manufacturer gave each half a separate number – so they could be cut apart. Otherwise why have two different numbers per card?<br />But beyond this elementary start to figuring out “what to do” I have no idea, and therefore presume that it was left up to each individual collector. Personally, Id cut them all apart. The exhibits were too big for my hands to start with, the strips are impossible to deal with unless cut, and as everybody knows, a card has to be sorta square to flip right.<br /><br />I vote hack ‘em all up – except the ’35 Goudeys.<br /><br />Tony (the Cleaver) Clevamonte<br />

Archive
09-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br />I always enjoy reading your posts!<br />

Archive
09-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Posted By: <b>PC</b><p>Why would the puzzle-back keep the 35 Goudeys from being cut? The puzzle is already a larger picture cut into pieces -- further cutting only results in smaller puzzle pieces.

Archive
09-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Gee PC, I have no rebuttal for your observation.<br /><br />But I was hoping to have one "you shouldn't cut apart set" to counterbalance the Double Plays. Lets see ... triple folders are ok to cut apart, wait! Double folders are not - that would ruin one of the players.<br /><br />So thats it. Do not cut apart double folders, even if your nickname is the Cleaver.