PDA

View Full Version : ebay question, phone number

Archive
09-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Anyone have a phone number for ebay. Cannot get into ebay, keep getting a message, invalid information entered. I went thru process of gving information for forgot password and they are suppose to send an email. have not received. <br /><br />Thanks joe <br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
09-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>Use their eBay Live Help(click Live Help on front page) service. <br /><br />I have had four-five issues the last two years and ten minutes later, my questions have been answered and problems disappeared. <br /><br />DJ

Archive
09-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Tony Andrea</b><p>Here ya' go........<br />1-800-717-3229

Archive
09-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Thanks DJ, thanks Tony, I'll write that number down. I just spent 1 hour with live help, pretty slow getting on over 45 people waiting. I'll let you know tomorrow if they helped, can't get a temporary password for 24 hours.<br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
09-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H</b><p><a href="http://www.auctionguild.com/generic17.html;$sessionid$3XE5FOYAAADG5TZENUFZPQWP ERWRJPX0" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.auctionguild.com/generic17.html;$sessionid$3XE5FOYAAADG5TZENUFZPQWP ERWRJPX0</a><br /><br /><br />This ite is pretty old, but may have some useful information. Luckily, I haven't needed it.

Archive
09-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Entering the 3rd day without ebay. I have had live online chats for help with 3 different ebay representatives. They are suppose to send me a temporary password, but it never arrives. When I get a spoof ebay I forward to the spoof address. I do get a response from ebay, so can't figure out why they can 't send the temporary password. Anyone else had this problem. I am going to try to call on phone, bjut I don't expect help there eitheer. I will probably have to cancel ebay and start over.<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
09-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Posted By: <b>John Kalafarski</b><p> I have two numbers<br /> 866-442-3229 and 801-545-1946

Archive
09-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>This is unreal, I can't get this problem resolved. Now trying to have live chat with 4th rep. Called the phone number and they had me go to help online chat with security. Now I can't log into paypal. anyone else had this problem. I am about ready to cancel my ebay contract. But now worried about losing my ebay money.<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
09-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I have 866-515-3229 as an ebay helpline, but haven't tried it in at least six months. It's worth a shot.

Archive
09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Ok, thanks for everyones help, I finally was able to get a password over the phone from the security personnel at ebay. I then had to call paypal to get a new password. That worked too. Because this is new and current information I will post the phone number and any other pertinent information that will help someone in the future. Later tonight after dinner.<br /><br />If you have this trouble go to Account security, not the regular online help. Account security then called me on the telephone and gave me a new password. <br /><br /><br />The phone number for ebay is: 1-800-717-3229, the 1st question they ask "Where did you get this number". <br /><br />The phone number for paypal is 1-888-221-1161. <br /><br />Thanks again Joe <br /><br />Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!