PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Yorkies

Archive
09-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Several very yellow York Caramel cards just ended on ebay. Here is one example:<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330028808565&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=014" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330028808565&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=014</a><br /><br />I didn't bid as much as I would have because I was concerned they might be fake or might have been soaked in some chemical. (Though the Coveleski with the ghost on the back sure looked real).<br /><br />Is it normal for Yorkies to be this yellow? Could it just be a suntan or maybe a variation in card stock? Thanks.

Archive
09-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>With their feedback rating and the explanation that they aren't yellow I took a chance...I hope/think they will be fine. I don't think they will be yellow at all (knock on wood).....we'll see....regards

Archive
09-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>The seller stated that<br />"The pictures seem Orangeish, but the card is not"<br /><br />If you look, some arent as orange in color, like the Goslin closeup was almost B&W. Its just bad camera settings IMO.<br />Nice cards. I dont think the E210s are reprinted yet.

Archive
09-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I guess I should have read the description more carefully.

Archive
09-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Scot</b><p>I had my brother bid and win Coveleskie and Flagstead for me. Seller wants 26.00 for insured shipping. Read the shipping detail "BOOK". I feel violated, lesson learned.

Archive
09-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Im paying $65 for shipping 5 cards (1 oz.), from 5 separate auctions.<br /><br /> Its a iSoldit scam (another eBay scam). Each item needs to be checked out separately with a shipping of $12.90 ea. I go to PayPal and there is no way to use it to pay for all items at once (shipping combined), I even try the iSoldit Paypal ID and forward a payment (and its blocked). The items must be checked out and paid for (online only) with a special iSoldit Paypal page. You cant even pay by check or money order. Your forced to pay excessive uncombined shipping with no options. Its a scam! Period!<br /><br />Dont ever buy from an iSoldit auction (especially multiple auction wins) unless you want to overpay 5-10X for shipping.

Archive
09-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>ISoldit is a scam. I called this office on Friday to ask about it. I paid about $100 to ship 7 cards worth about $800 total. That's around $90 too much. I talked to some 50'ish year old guy for about 20 minutes about how wrong this is. He understood but wasn't budging. His comeback was "it's the system, I can't do anything about it". I told him his system sucks and common sense should prevail. Common sense isn't so common. Since the cards stayed so low I still did ok but it was like being robbed on the shipping. Live and learn...

Archive
09-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Scot</b><p>.

Archive
09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Now I'm glad I didn't read the description more carefully.

Archive
09-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>i think negative feedback is in order for excessive shipping charges!!!!!!!!

Archive
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff drum</b><p>Is it right to leave neg feedback when the terms are plainly stated in the listing? Don't know - just asking. Are they excessive and ridiculous - yes, but I don't see any deceipt there.

Archive
09-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Not only is it warranted but (Adam, correct me if I am wrong) but illegal to profit on shipping and handling. If all the cards come in one package and the shipping is combined you can actually file a complaint with the better business people. Some of you may remember I ran into this problem with a seller a few years ago (I paid $25 s/h for 5 cards which came in a .37 cent stamped envelope). Left neg. reported them to ebay, got my money back from paypal too. Isoldit is a scam.<br /><br />Joshua

Archive
09-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff drum</b><p>Most of the time you see this on ebay it is to avoid final value fees. I remember buying a lot of cards for .99 with $12 shipping. The cards were well worth over $12 and the seller was avoiding the fees I assume.

Archive
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>the terms are very clear...if u put in ur address an amount pop up to show how much it costs. they won't also combine shipping (each package will come separately). if you don't like the terms don't bid. i see leon and frank saying they got the item(s) for cheaper, so there must've been people out there put off by those terms.

Archive
09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I've seen them popping up elsewhere. They have competitors.

Archive
09-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Pennsylvania Ted</b><p>My story....Washington state....isoldit....hit me with $12.- for shipping 4 little BB<br /> cards. Which when you receive their pkg. cost them less than $2. So, I refused to<br /> pay their $40 total ($28..cards + 12..ship). They not only hit me with a "RED NEG";<br /> but, were nasty in the process. So, I reciprocated with a RED NEG hit to their profile<br /> and they went "bananas" !<br /><br />They then hit me (thru ebay) with a "none-payer STRIKE". And, 3 such "STRIKES"<br /> and you are off ebay. I quickly contacted the Ebay mediation dept. on this. Proved<br /> that isoldit did not inform me of this excessive shipping fee. And, Ebay sided with me<br /> and removed this "STRIKE" from my record.<br /><br />That must of really "pissed" WA isoldit, because then they (thru ebay) offered to<br /> reduce the shipping fee to $6.- if I would retract the RED NEG I hit them with and<br /> change it to a NEUTRAL. I refused to do this. My attitude is that I wear this one<br /> and only RED mark in my ebay profile as a "badge of honor", in that I did not give<br /> in to these scammers.<br /><br />Incidently, a lot the Neutrals you see in any isoldit's FDBK profile were initially RED<br />NEG's that were subsequently negotiated to NEUTRAL's (as they tried with me).<br /> As bad as most of their profiles look, they are actually worst.<br />

Archive
09-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff drum</b><p>If the terms are plainly stated and you bid aren't you implying that you have agreed to the terms no matter how ridculuous? The best way to handle this is not to bid as many people obviously chose to do. For me to leave a negative feedback for them charging me what they told me in advance they were going to charge - my bad. Silly me - read the entire listing. I have been suprised before. I learned my lesson. I now read the entire listing particularly when dealing with someone I have never bought from before.

Archive
09-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad</b><p>It's not the 1st time (isoldit) been doing this scam!<br /><br />Read for yourself!<br /><a href="http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=isoldit.nj0125&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=isoldit.nj0125&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON</a>

Archive
09-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>It was definitely my bad for not reading the shipping charges. Who'd a thunk it? I told them I am going to leave positives and nasty grams for the written part. My bad for not reading...their bad for scamming.....that's the way I see it...

Archive
09-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Leon,<br />Not your bad unless the Yorkies come packaged seperately with appropriate postage. I bet you they don't. I bet you they will come in one package for FAR less than you paid in s/h.<br />Joshua

Archive
09-26-2006, 02:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I just got scammed with some ridiculous shipping charges recently as well (from a different seller). <br />You guys gotta leave negative or neutral feedback, assuming positive feedback is left for you first. <br />I made the mistake of leaving some idiot negative feedback for an awful job of shipping, only to get retaliatory feedback despite my having paid immediately.<br />As Leon said, common sense is not so common these days.

Archive
09-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>it is a scam and it is against ebay policy.it is an insult to their customers. read the examples and you will see these scammers should be kicked off ebay and the reason they will lower their fees is to avoid being booted from this (their only) auction site. <a href="http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html</a>

Archive
09-26-2006, 05:03 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>they decieve their customers w/this in the shipping charges....copied from their auctions...."Our shipping and packing fees are determined by the shipped weight of the item. Items are prepared for shipment in our store, and include first-quality materials and professional packing services. Our packing fees are designed to cover these costs." then they charge $12.00 to send it out for $2.00 cost. this is out and out deception on the sellers part.

Archive
09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>They need repeated negative feedbacks to get them to change their policies.

Archive
09-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>It is not worth it. You have perfect feedback. Why blemish it over a few dollars. You know the seller will ding you as soon as you leave a neg. Yes, you may be able to get ebay to remove it but what a hassle. Yes, you can make a point, but at what cost. The feedback system is broke. Very few sellers leave feedback upon payment. They wait to see what you are going to do and do the same. That is not the way it's supposed to work. But that's the way it is and we have to live with it.

Archive
09-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>A buyer does not have to leave feedback first. Feedback is not as important to a buyer, as it is to a seller (actually, once you have about a dozen - what is the value in more?). If a seller wants to withhold feedback, well thats ok with me.