PDA

View Full Version : Great T206 "finds" come in 3's.....?

Archive
09-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Recent FIND #1<br /><br />A month ago I was fortunate enough to acquire a 446 card T206 collection......409<br />cards are Piedmont 150/350....5 are P460-only....and 26 are Southern Leaguers<br />with OLD MILL backs. It was the original collection of the seller's Grandfather; who<br /> grew up in South Carolina (and apparently his father strictly enjoyed Piedmont Cigs).<br />Also, there are 6 Sweet Cap 350/460 Fac. 42 cards. Some cards are Vg/Ex, but most<br /> are Ex.....a well preserved collection with many HOFers.<br /><br />FIND #2<br /><br />Barry Sloate's very recent "find" of over 500 - T206's....300+ of which have Sovereign<br />backs is even a greater "find". This, too, is an original collection that was passed down<br /> though family members.<br /><br />We are now anticipating FIND #3......after all......all good things come in "3's".......<br /><br />Perhaps it will be an original Sweet Caporal/Factory 30 collection out of the greater<br />New York area......it would be "Sweet".....and who will be the lucky "Finder" ? ? <br /><br />T-Rex TED <br /><br />

Archive
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>This thread was posted at 3:38 and by later this evening it will start sliding down. Come on everyone, you have four hours at the max to find another collection, or this thread will disappear.

Archive
09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Ted,<br /> I would like to find number #3, and I hope it's a couple of hundred Drums....... Be well Brian

Archive
09-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I'd be happy to find a Toy Town stamp.

Archive
09-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>actually finding "hundreds" of Drum backs would hurt the overall value of them, it would flood the market and Uzit would eclpise Drum as the rarest brand (sans ty)...just some food for thought.

Archive
09-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>ty is a t213 anyway..... but that can be for another thread...but show me another T206 with a glossy front?

Archive
09-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Depends on whether they're graded PSA 8 or higher...<br /><br />KIDDING! Sorry everyone!

Archive
09-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>What will you be doing with these cards?

Archive
09-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p> No it wouldn't, because they would never hit the market. They would stay tucked away in my Rare backs collection until my kids sell them....<br /><br /><br /> Be well Brian<br /><br /><br />Those 33 Uzit's in REA didn't seem to hurt there market value, didn't the commons lot sell for 800+ each with the juice? Not to mention that the average grade of the cars was Gd/VG.

Archive
09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>brian, good point about uzit/REA...but that was 33 vs. "hundreds"...

Archive
09-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>BRIAN W.<br /><br />Just 99 DRUM backs......I bet you would be happy with that amount. And, if you<br />did not hoard them, but sold them; it would not diminish their price one iota. Be-<br />cause, as you well know, there are 100's of collectors out there who are looking<br /> for them.<br /><br />Now, I will be one up on you and wish I could find 100's of BROAD LEAF 460 cards.<br /><br />T-Rex TED

Archive
09-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p> Hi Ted,<br /> You can have the 100 Broadleaf 460's, as long as you trade me a Johnson or a Matty. Speaking of trades, do you still need the Piedmont 42 Latham for your set? lmk Brian

Archive
09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Cobby- please look at my thread I started about the find. That should answer your question. Or email me at bsloate@att.net

Archive
09-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I just found my keys- I was looking for them all day. Does that qualify as the third find?

Archive
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>but yes Ted, are you still interested the the Young P350?

Archive
09-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>STEVE<br /><br />I have not forgotten the CYoung card and I am definitely interested in it.<br />I have been tied up with an outside project. But, I will go thru my T206's<br /> tomorrow and email you a list to choose from.<br /><br />Ted Z

Archive
09-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Todd</b><p><br />Ted's prediction appears to be spot on. A local storefront dealer near me has picked up a collection of about 900 cards out of Southern Pennsylvania. There are a bunch on non-sport, and some caramel, but the T-206s number “in the hundreds.” They’ve done a back review, and come up with a number of Old Mills and one Broadleaf (on eBay right now), but I don’t have any more info on front/back combinations.<br /><br />The last I heard they’re planning to dribble the cards out on the Bay over the next few months. And when I was in last weekend, I heard that this may be only the first half of the collection.<br /><br />Unfortunately for the hobby, these guys are much more into modern than vintage, and so are less likely to put much effort into a census. The only recourse may be to watch their offerings. Ebay handle is burtonscards.<br /><br />Bill

Archive
09-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I lost a couple of their auctions in the past couple of days. Seems the same "0" bidder won a bunch of them...Hmmm...

Archive
09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>BILL T.<br /><br />Thanks for your reporting of this really large find out of Pennsylvania. If it's<br /> at all possible, can you try to find out some more details on this collection.<br /><br /> But, if not, then we will have to stay "tuned" to....burtonscards....on ebay.<br /><br />TED Z

Archive
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>This is a store based out of Frederick Maryland. I have visited the store and purchased some commons from them. They are also receiving about 600 cards from PSA to be auctioned off soon. All of their business from this find will take place on Ebay.

Archive
09-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Bill Todd and Jay (t206kid)<br /><br />Since you guys have had some dealings with burtonscards......can you some how<br /> tactfully approach them and get some meaningful details on this large collection ?<br /><br />TED Z<br />

Archive
09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>I was trying to make a deal trading for some T206s before they put them on Ebay. However, these cards are consignment and the consignees want the cards all sold on Ebay. I don't think there is any way to get around it (I have tried). <br /><br />They have sent about 800 cards to PSA. As far as I know they range from 3 to 7 with many stars and HOFers. I know there are at least 5 Cobbs with probably a large chuck on the set in the 800. <br /><br />For anyone local they do have other nice cigarette era cards in the store. Anyone can email me at vettejayk@aol.com<br /><br />Jay

Archive
09-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I too have gotten numerous emails asking me to sell some or all of the cards outright from this group. I think that is a bad policy when you take a consignment because it erodes the trust between consignor and seller. You don't want the owner to think you may be cutting special deals with favored customers. If these cards have been consigned to Burton's, they should auction them on ebay exactly as they agreed. That keeps everything above board.

Archive
09-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>I forgot to respond to your "?"<br /><br />Yes, I am still interested in your Latham P460/42.......<br />please email me......ccooney@princeton.edu<br /><br />Thanks, TED Z