PDA

View Full Version : SGC Authentic question?

Archive
09-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>How is it handled when submitting cards to SGC, if you want an Authentic slab if the card does not receive a number grade. Do you attached a note asking SGC to do this and if you do, do you take a chance that they might label authentic even if a grade could be determined? I submitted a couple of cards and they came back with size problems, but not trimmed, I would have liked them to slab authentic rather than returning unslabbed. I payed for the grading and slabbing anyway.<br /><br />Thanks joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>mark my submission form "Any item you deem to be trimmed, encapsulate "A" or "AUTH". Ever since I've been doing that every card comes back slabbed.

Archive
09-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Steve, thanks for information and response.<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
09-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Posted By: <b>JudgeDred2</b><p>Not all cards will come back with an AUTH label, even if you indicate that you would like to have all cards encapsulated. SGC will not encapsulate certain alterations. For example, they may encapsulate a skinned card with an AUTH designation but not a rebacked card.