PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT but baseball history could be made tonight on ESPN

Archive
09-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Check out Johann Santana and the Piranhas tackling the Red Sox. In the 106 year history of the franchise (Senators/Twins) they have never won a season series against the Beaneaters/Pilgrims/Red Sox. If they win tonight, they will.

Archive
09-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> Bob,normally i dont doubt you but you mustve misread that somewhere because it didnt seem possible so i went back to 1925(not literally) and checked and the Sox went 7-14 vs the Senators who made the world series.....and that was the only year i checked since i knew Sox were horrible back then and of course the Senators were good enough to make the WS<br /><br /><br /> Could you mean SWEEP the season series?<br /><br /><br /> I think what is even more amazing is that Johan Santana in the last 4 years combined has a record of 39-3 after the all-star game.Too bad hes a bum before the AS break those 4 years with only a 27-18 record

Archive
09-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>John- I think you are right. I heard that one on ESPN today and accepted it as fact. The guy must have meant swept a season series as the Red Sox have not beaten the Twins a single time all year. Looks like the season sweep won't happen this year as Santana had an off night tonight although he only allowed one earned run. Papi made history though, beating out Jimmy Foxx as the all-time leading Red Sox home run leader.