PDA

View Full Version : Butterfinger premium set and SGC

Archive
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Bryan Long</b><p>Would it be a huge waste of my money to get my butterfinger set graded? With the large holders now available through SGC it is very tempting to get them graded, especially after seeing a few of you post in the "How do you display your cards" thread. I would love to see how they would all look being slabbed and displayed somehow in my card room. 50 bucks a card is a big investment for a set that is not worth a ton of cash though. Anyone have any suggestions?<br /><br />EDITED TO ADD: Right now I just have them in a binder, but I would like to find a way to get them out to be enjoyed.<br /><br />.

Archive
09-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>These might be too big for the new SGC holder. I hadn't thought about it - I have a Bottomley, and as I'm putting together a large sub of oversized items for SGC, I hadn't considered the Butterfinger.<br /><br />Their rates for cards valued under $100 each, though, is $15.<br /><br />In any event, I have my Bottomley framed, hanging on the wall in my card room next to an R311 Greenberg. It displays nicely in a frame.<br /><br />-Al

Archive
09-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>Hi Bryan,<br /><br />I can't imagine spending $50 apiece to slab Butterfingers unless they are exceptionally high grade. Few of them are worth that much, as you know-- <br /><br />If you can get them done for $15 each, then maybe-- However, they are so fragile that they are almost certain to sustain some damage while being shipped to SGC and handled by the graders. <br /><br />Like you, I have my set in a binder-- Why would slabs be more fun to display them in? More than most, this set seems perfect for a binder.<br /><br />My advice: buy a customized MJ Roop binder for them-- you'll be out only $50 for the whole set!!<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Tim

Archive
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H (misunderestimated)</b><p>I have emailed SGC (twice) to find out just how BIG the new holders are for purposes of submitting cards (or whatever you want to call them) that are bigger than T3-T9s. Among the cards I was thinking about were butterfingers (and some other 30's premiums worth less than $100 per card). The holders appear to be significantly larger than T3s...<br /><br />Probably by repeating my question about the new holders' dimensions on this post (which I know the SGC folks read assiduously) I can get an answer...<br /><br /><br />

Archive
09-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Bryan Long</b><p>How fragile these cards really are. I would assume that there is great risk in shipping and then the handling of these cards by the graders. Granted I would only have a few that I would consider sending in as I feel they may get some high grades. I never thought about the mjroop binder as that my be the much better solution. Does anyone feel that the selling of this set, if I ever decide to do so, would warrant grading? Just about every other card would benefit, but I think that because of the size that these cards do not get the credit they deserve as they are still very under-valued in my opinion. I consider it very tough to put a complete set together, especially when you had some of the variations like Fox and Foxx. <br /><br />Just curious, but how many sets exist within our wonderful little net54 world?<br><br>.

Archive
09-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>I have a full set-- I didn't find it too difficult, but I wasn't worrying much about condition.<br /><br />Tim