PDA

View Full Version : It could be disappointing to buy a card which is properly graded with the correct holder

Archive
09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>designations which still is not the player which you wanted. This happens when the card picture is not the player indicated on the caption.<br /><br />Now I certainly am not on top of which nor how many cards have the wrong picture. But a search of our thread archives indicates the following cards have the wrong player:<br /><br />T206 hands over head Doyle<br />T213-2 Chapelle<br />T213-2 Dunn<br />T3 Baker<br />Tango Egg Weaver<br />E92, E97, E98, W555 Young<br />YumYum Anson<br />YumYum Sunday<br />E93 Eddie Collins<br />Harrington's Paul Waner<br />Tharps Terry<br />Rose Post Card Doyle<br /><br />Do any of these seem to be incorrectly included on this list?<br /><br />Are there any that should be included on this list?

Archive
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter Spaeth</b><p>As has been mentioned, although I am not sure it depicts the WRONG player, the T206 Johnson hands at chest in my opinion bears absolutely no resemblance to the man pictured in the portrait.

Archive
09-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>The T206 Johnson pitching pose is at the least a poorly executed image. I never liked that card, especially given that the portrait pose is one of the most beautiful baseball cards ever made. I never thought of the other as being the wrong player, but it's not impossible.

Archive
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I recently sold an M116 Mordecai Brown pastel on ebay which had the name "Buster Brown" on the PSA label. Buster is also in the set. There are many, many PSA goofs which are not listed in your post.

Archive
09-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>That is correct tbob. The intent of this thread was to identify baseball cards which have the wrong player portrayed on them.

Archive
09-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>1933 goudey #113 oswald bluege is his brother otto

Archive
09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Fan Craze Nichols.

Archive
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Oh, sorry, in re-reading I get the idea for the post....

Archive
09-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Yeah Bob,<br />Everyone seems to have that problem. I can't seem to get the gibberish out of my keyboard, it is infested. It is sort of like stuttering with a heavy accent and a lisp.