PDA

View Full Version : The Current Poll

Archive
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I noticed the current poll doesn't have an "other" category. Can the poll be modified to take into account the horrible things I did to my cards as a child? My number one "mishap" was cutting multi-player rookie cards apart so that I could place each player with his correct team. "Mishap" really isn't the right word, since this was more in the nature of intentional misconduct.

Archive
09-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Hi Paul,<br /><br />Sounds like that would fall under #10 - <i>Physically altering the card (ie...hacking off the borders)</i>. I'd consider that a "mishap" as well. Even though you intended to cut up the card at the time, looking back on it, you obviously wouldn't perform that kind of behavior today. <br /><br />Many of the other choices could also be implied as "intentional" at the time...(ie...drawing on the card, placing cards in your bicycle spokes, etc...)<br /><br />Hope that makes sense....<br /><br />-Brian

Archive
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Remember those 80-81 Topps Basketball cards that came in the perforated panels of 3? I can't tell you how many Bird/Magic RC's I destroyed because of my incessant need to alphabetize cards...

Archive
09-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>All right, I'll go with physically altering the card. I just didn't think it fully captured the complete stupidity of what I did.