PDA

View Full Version : Tr-Star Labor Day San Francisco

Archive
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Does anybody know if any of the more well-known Vintage card sellers are planning on attending and if so- whom? Yorktown, etc.?<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Posted By: <b>bcornell</b><p>This isn't worth traveling to unless you're within a few hours, especially if you've ever been to the National or a Ft. Washington show. It gets mentioned here as an 'event' sometimes, but I was there last year and wouldn't recommend the journey. The dealers are mostly west of the Rockies with just a few exceptions.<br /><br />Bill

Archive
08-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>That's what I recall from shows past. I asked one guy (forget who he was) to see his T206's and he insisted I tell him exactly what I was looking for before he shared. Whatever. I'm real close, so it's not much of a sacrifice.

Archive
08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>.

Archive
08-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Posted By: <b>edacra</b><p>they have the dealer list posted on their site. only a few out of state vendors.

Archive
08-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>I go once every 2-3 years (Im 50 miles north in Sonoma Co.), and take a quick lap in 10-15 minutes and rarely see anything that jumps out at me. But then again, Im always looking for tougher type cards. Seems like Im always in and out within an hour the last few times Ive gone. Might go this year, not sure yet.

Archive
08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Macrae</b><p>Those of you considering attending this weekend's show in the City should be aware of the fact that ALL Eastbound Bay Bridge travel will be blocked off from midnight Friday through early Tuesday. If you are planning to go, and live in the East Bay, Friday night would probably be your best bet. Normal weekend traffic in SF is bad. This weekend should be a nightmare with the busiest, and easiest, escape from the city closed off. Public transit is always an option, but looking at your graded T-206's on the muni / Bart ride back might create a whole new series of problems....