PDA

View Full Version : This one beats the 'dead grandfather' claim hands down!

Archive
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>This was the actual response from an Ebay seller to the question 'How did you acquire this item?'<br /><br />"I am selling these for my wifes aunt who is now liquidating an antique store that her uncle owned before passing." <br /><br /><br />The rest of the answer was just as convoluted and vague. I may write a book of these things.

Archive
08-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p><br />Jamie,<br />Please email me the seller id if you don't mind. <br /><br />This sounds like someone i've had a couple of very good transactions with (non card related) and have spoken via phone to both the man and wife and the story is legitimate (I went and checked the obits due to the high value of the items I was purchasing - all outside of Ebay btw)

Archive
08-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I purchased a group of very rare regionals some years ago from the wife of a man who was dying of cancer. She was liquidating his cards and had no idea of the rarity or value of the cards she was auctioning on ebay. I took some pretty big plunges (for the time) on the cards and was very pleased with the results. <br /><br />Recently, I picked up a bunch of cards from an attic find that really was. <br /><br />You never know.