PDA

View Full Version : New Cap Anson book

Archive
04-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> I recently received a copy of the new Cap Anson book written by Howard Rosenberg who contributes here from time to time and a few chapters into it,it looks like a great read,very informative and very well-written and some great pictures.Im going to have to pick up copies of the previous 3 books(has anyone read any of those?).With all of the outside newspaper credits that really help you get a picture of what the media thought of players back then,it looks like Howard put a trememndous amount of time and effort into this book!<br /><br />Thanks,Howard

Archive
04-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe_G.</b><p>Thanks for reporting on the book John. I've been reading a lot of the newspaper clippings myself over the last year and it is a great source to better understand how individual baseball players were received. Here in Detroit, Cap Anson was hated, as was Kelly, & even Ewing. They cheated, cried, etc.<br /><br />Regards,<br />Joe G.

Archive
08-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p> I finally finished reading this book a week or so ago and just wanted to let everyone know its a real worthwhile book to read.Ive talked to Howard off and on while reading the book and it really is unreal how much research he did for it.<br /><br /> Im surprised no one else had anything else to say about the first 3 books of the series.I still havent read them although they all look interesting.Id like to hear from anyone if they have