PDA

View Full Version : On-site grading at shows?

Archive
08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Posted By: <b>edacra</b><p><br />How does it work? It's the same price right? Will they grade it the same day, or do you have to pay to get in the next day to fetch your cards? From what I can gather they can be a bit sloppy, or a little more leniant when grading on-site, right?

Archive
08-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I had SGC grade a couple of cards at the National. I submitted them late in the day and was able to pick them up the next morning. I suspect had I submitted them earlier in the day, I would have gotten them the same day. The charge was $25/ea.<br /><br />I didn't notice any slopiness and they certainly weren't too generous, as they both came back 10. I've never heard those allegations before.<br /><br />Was happy with the service.

Archive
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>I also dropped off cards in the morning and they said they were running about 3-4 hours on turn-around. I went back late afternoon and they were always ready. I didn't have any problems with the grades received.

Archive
08-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Lindholme</b><p>Anyone know if they will be at any western events for the rest of this year?<br />I have some big dogs that I have always been hesitant to send in ( I have never submitted cards) but maybe I would consider on-site. Paranoia fer sure:)<br /><br />Brian L<br />familytoad

Archive
08-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>At the National, SGC indicated that they were planning to do another West Coast visit later this year, similar to their Santa Monica trip. Don't know when or where yet. But worth checking with them about.<br />

Archive
08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I have had SGC grade on site a couple of times and have no complaints. They have been able to do it in a couple of hours, and I have always been satisfied (though I believe they were way too tough on some of my cards, but that seems routine to me by now).

Archive
08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Posted By: <b>edacra</b><p>It looks like PSA and GAI are set to do the Tri Star show in San Francisco, Labor day weekend. If that happens to be of any interests to anyone here.<br /><br />I was thinking an in person submission would be a good way to get my feet wet with the grading thing.

Archive
08-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>I was at the national for 1 day and SGC was able to grade some cards with a 3-4 hour turn around. GAI was able to grade 2 wax boxes with a 6 hour turn around. Both companies did great jobs.<br /><br />

Archive
08-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>"SGC on site grading where? August 27 2006, 6:31 PM <br /><br />Anyone know if they will be at any western events for the rest of this year?<br />I have some big dogs that I have always been hesitant to send in ( I have never submitted cards) but maybe I would consider on-site. Paranoia fer sure:)<br /><br />Brian L<br />familytoad"<br /><br />They have no West Coast Shows on the public schedule for the rest of the year. I know they would like to go back this year following a very successfull visit a couple of months ago. If you e-mail them your desired "big dogs" to grade, this could potentially help push them in planning this visit. <br /> <br />