PDA

View Full Version : Question about an eBay seller

Archive
08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Last month I purchased a T202 Speaker/Wood from a seller named pushcartpaul. His feedback was in 98% range and recent buyers had posted some negative comments about his service. I rolled the dice since he had two dozen or so cards for sale that seemed legit, hoping that I would not be a victim. I put in a lower bid and won the card. My check cleared on 25 July. I haven't received my card as of yet, he will not return emails, and I am about three days from filing a dispute with eBay.<br /><br />Anyhow, I noticed that at least a few of you were bidding on some of his other T-cards. Has anyone dealt with this individual in the past or experiencing similar problems with other auction items of his? I have been very fortunate to this point, six+ years on eBay, over 800 purchases, and this is my first bad situation. I know that there are actions that I can take with eBay, but I really want the card.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300005583944&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300005583944&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1</a>

Archive
08-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>i'd be frustrated too...that fake fatima t200 I won and paid for on 7/25...same as you and I just got the card last monday. it's summertime...people are busy...I'd try to email his personal adress if you know it as he may not check messages on ebay...I rarely do.

Archive
08-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>John I hope it works out, that's a really nice looking card, especially for the grade.

Archive
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>To be on the safe side I would file a complaint with Ebay.<br /><br />I hope it works out excellant price for the card.<br /><br />Lee<br />

Archive
08-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Bruce Babcock</b><p>My 2 cents, for what it's worth. I had a similar transaction with another seller that I had not dealt with before. LOTS of time went by, including the July 4th weekend. It turned out that the check clearly very quickly but his bank unaccountably would not confirm that fact for him and my bank would not talk with him. I had my bank fax me front and back of the cancelled check and I in turn faxed front and back to the seller. Seller shipped next day. <br /><br />I notice that your guy only ships on Weds. and Thurs. which could really delay things if a check clears on a Thursday. On the other hand, there is really no excuse for not responding to your emails. Good luck, it's a nice card.

Archive
08-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Checks should clear in a day or two. They don't take a week to 10 days to clear anymore. Technology - something good for a change.

Archive
08-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>if its been the "right" amount of time according to ebay, i'd go ahead and report him/her...last month i had about 15 sales, 3 did not pay and did not respond to emails...after i waited the "right" amount of time i reported the non payers to ebay and all 3 replied, 1 was an oversite, the other 2 had no excuse but paid promptly...my guess is that they didnt really like the "open dispute" situation i gave them...too bad, i want my money

Archive
08-13-2006, 04:19 AM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>I filed a dispute yesterday. The seller has begun to rack up negative feedback from the round of sales in which my card was included. I will likely never see the card but at least I can recover some of my money.