PDA

View Full Version : Woman in Michigan With 1933 Goudey Cards (and More...)

Archive
07-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p>Anyone live in Michigan? Anyone interested in buying some baseball cards? A woman in Michigan has advertised in the Sports Collector's Digest classifieds several times about the 1933 Goudeys and 4/1's (Goudey's, I guess) that she has for sale. I called her about six months ago to see what she had. Her husband collected cards for many years. He died a few years ago and now she's trying to sell the cards. She has all the latest price guides and I'm sure she is trying to get book value for them. Not sure of the exact condition, although she said her husband took care of the cards and that they are in nice condition. My guess is that she's trying to get Nr-MT book value for them, even though they may not be in Nr-MT condition.<br /><br />She has had experience with dealer's in the past. She did not view them as good experiences. So, if you call her and knock on her door, I wouldn't claim to be a dealer.<br /><br />I will not publish her phone number here, although her phone number is listed in the classifieds of the August 11 issue of SCD. Her area code is 586.<br /><br />If you email me, I will send you her phone number. After all, it has already been published in the SCD. It is an unlisted phone number.<br /><br />I hope that someone who lives in Michigan will go check out her cards. You're probably not going to get the greatest deal since she has all the latest price guides, but it would be nice to get the cards into the open market.<br /><br />As always, I would be interested in any Lefty Grove cards that she might have. However, I don't think buying them from her without seeing them would be a good idea.<br /><br />Please report your findings if you decide to call or visit her.

Archive
07-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>Iam sure that they are gone or picked over by now.

Archive
08-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>SCD......... Is that still be printed?

Archive
08-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>IF this is the lady I'm think of I have seen these cards. The story is legit. Most of the cards would probably get a 4-5 grade. She had several nice ones including a Ruth batting that would probably grade a 4 (my guess). There were other key cards including a 54 Banks rookie in nice shape.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
08-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p>carpal,<br /><br />Was the woman trying to get Nr-Mt book value for her ungraded 4's and 5's??? Did you buy any of her cards? If so, did you get a good deal?