PDA

View Full Version : Rain Check-Baseball in the Pacific Northwest...

Archive
07-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Posted By: <b>bruce Dorskind</b><p><br /><br />Attention PCL Collectors<br /><br />You will want to purchase the most recent special SABR book <br />entitled Rain Check, Baseball in the Pacific Northwest.<br /><br />The book was distributed to attendees at the annual SABR Convention which<br />was held several weeks ago in Seattle.<br /><br />The book features hundreds of rare photographs, including many photos<br />which appear on early Zeenuts as well as great baseball advertising material.<br />Items feaured are primarily from the David Eskenzai Collection.<br /><br />The book can be purchased from SABR at www.sabr.org<br />or from the University of Nebraska Press. <br /><br />Best,<br /><br />Bruce

Archive
07-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Seth B.</b><p>Just got mine in the mail--this looks great, and with a bunch of pic's of players and even a few cards (a couple obaks, also some nice cabinets and early photos).

Archive
07-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Thanks Bruce, I took your advice and just ordered a copy from the U of Nebraska site.<br />tbob

Archive
07-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Hey Bob- either I have double vision or you hit the post button twice.

Archive
07-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Is Zeenut card of Guy Zinn pictured in the book ?

Archive
07-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Just checked- no picture of Guy Zinn.

Archive
07-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff O</b><p>I realize I have a biased opinion on Rain Check since I was one of the contributors, but I can tell you that the photos in the book come from the best northwest baseball collection and are fantastic. If you're interested in minor league ball or the PCL you've got to get this book.<br /><br />As an aside, Jim Bouton was an absolutely amazing speaker at the convention in Seattle.<br /><br />Jeff

Archive
07-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>Jeff<br /><br />You were not only a solid contributor to the book, but an excellent coffee date in Seattle. <br /><br />Max

Archive
07-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Manos</b><p>Awesome piece. Highly recommended. I already read cover to cover.