PDA

View Full Version : Please keep an eye out for my stolen cards.

Archive
07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>It happened to me again in April--burglary. I really don't want to rehash the events, and I know I should have been more careful. Fact is though, it still hurts quite a bit--especially the OJ Harry Wright my mom found at an antiques auction 35+ years ago, when I didn't know Harry from Orville or Wilbur.<br /><br />I thought with the National coming up in SoCal, and me living in Phoenix, there was a shot my cards would surface there if the schmegheads who stole them looked to sell. I know the national is massive, and not really a time for anyone to have my back, but some of these cards are distinctive, and if you happen upon any of them, I would greatly appreciate a call--I will provide my contact info to Adam Warshaw as per a thread I saw elsewhere. Thanks.<br /><br />The cards, at least most of the pre-war ones, can be seen at the following link:<br /><br /><br /><br /><a href="http://imageevent.com/imoverhere/stolen" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://imageevent.com/imoverhere/stolen</a>

Archive
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Todd,<br /><br />I'm an OJ nut (as there are a few of us out there). The Harry Wright is beautiful, one of the better images for a Wright that I've seen. That is a very distinct card and I would think that anyone that is an avid collector could identify it that card rather quickly. I hope you get the card back and I hope the culprit(s) get what is deserved. I'll be keeping an eye out for that card.<br /><br />Best,<br /><br />Fred

Archive
07-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul Stratton</b><p>Todd, I'm in Phoenix and I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Archive
07-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had my cards stolen a few years ago. The toughest part was having to question (in my mind) people I though I could trust. I'll keep an eye out. I actually do collect the Famous & Barr cards. Was the Walker the only Famous & Barr taken? <br />Good Luck,<br />Scott.

Archive
07-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>Todd, it sucks to have this happen to anyone, but you're as good a guy as there is in the hobby, so it sucks even more to have it happen to you.<br /><br />My eyes are peeled. I hope you get 'em back, and they get the guy who did it.<br /><br />-Al

Archive
07-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Todd- that is horrible. I am wondering in light of this crime, if anyone knows if Ben was ever successful in recovering any or all of his cards which were stolen north of the border? <br />We have had a lot of threads in the past few months about the pros and cons of having your cards in safe deposit boxes and a tragedy like this makes me glad I use the bank for my sets.<br />Hope something turns up Todd.<br />Bob

Archive
07-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>I appreciate it. I luckily recovered most of the pre-war last time, which I consider a real longshot. A m101-4 in PSA 8 and a Boston Store Marquard were actually listed on e-bay. I found the seller's address and had law enforcement knock on the door for those. A routine traffic stop with some outstanding warrants, combined with a detective who happened to have seen my burglary report, all combined to help me recover most of the rest, although dozens of graded hockey cards from the 60's were never seen again. This time, a couple hundred '65 Topps in at least nm+ were taken also--way too fungible to identify.<br /><br />Yes, I concur the Wright is beautiful, and would stand out if you saw it.<br /><br />Scott, other Famous & Barrs were grabbed too---Baird, Bender and Cicotte.<br /><br />Thanks again guys, stories like mine come up few and far between in the future.

Archive
07-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Mueller</b><p>Todd,<br /><br />On my site, SportsCollectorsDaily.com, I just linked to a newspaper story about a similar burglary that happened in New Jersey. If you'd like, I'd be happy to post your loss as well along with a link to the images of your cards. It certainly doesn't hurt to have the word out to as many people as possible. I would like you to provide at least a couple of details about where/when/how they were stolen just so I have something to include with the story.

Archive
07-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br />Todd:<br /><br />I will keep my eyes out for your Double Play Grove/Doerr. It has a distinct mark on the back that should help identify it, in the event that it's removed from its slab.<br /><br />Brad<br />