PDA

View Full Version : OT: 1949 Bowman PCL + Public Thank You !

Archive
07-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>I know I am new to the board, and as such, my starting an OT thread is somewhat frowned upon, but Leon, I hope you can indulge me for just this once, and then I will go back to lurking!<br /><br />I would like to thank the board, and some members in particular, notably Mr. Vargha, for helping me locate some very scarce (or rare!) cards of my cousins, in the 49 B PCL set. His suggestions, as well as those of others, led me to Levi Bleam, who had both cards of the brothers that I was looking for !!! <br />At any rate, thank you all who helped, I got the cards this weekend in great shape, and couldn't be happier. <br /><br />I have also learned alot about an era in card collecting that I have yet to venture into, but this is a superb board with great info, and I will continue lurking...better prepared should I ever make the leap.<br /><br />Perhaps that would be a neat thread, if it hasn't been addressed for some time - "What was your first vintage purchase that got you "hooked" on that era in collecting?"<br /><br />Should I ever jump in, it will be to collect cards of the Chicago Cubs, I imagine....<br />anyway, thanks again everyone!<br />Jason<br />

Archive
07-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Jason<br /><br />If you are interested in some insight into this very scarce set, you should try to<br /> acquire "The Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector" magazine, Issue #10, dated<br /> Mar/April 1997.<br /><br />This article is titled "1949 Bowman Pacific Coast League Set", by Mark Macrae<br />and Ted Zanidakis.<br /><br />

Archive
07-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Jason - hope you decide to pursue prewar.<br /><br />To answer the other question posed - my first pre war card was purchased two years ago - an SGC 50 T206 Walter Johnson Pitching for what would be a steal by today's prices.

Archive
07-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>would be very appreciative if you know how I can get a back issue...<br />feel free to respond to email....<br />leinbergeranz@yahoo.com<br /><br />thanks!<br />Jason

Archive
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>If you click the link to Leon's website at the top of the main page, and go to miscellaneous, he has some back issues for sale.

Archive
07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Jason<br /><br />If you email me....I should have an extra copy of VCBC. If I don't<br />I can make a copy of the article for you.<br /><br />Email.....ccooney@princeton.edu<br /><br />Ted Z.