PDA

View Full Version : Where were T206 printed?

Archive
07-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Any study that I've read skips this part of the history of set.<br /><br />On this board,folks have mentioned the fronts were all printed at one place (atc) and the backs at different factories. Is this correct?<br /><br />Thanks for any info.<br /><br />Rob<br /><br />

Archive
07-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Rob: I am far (way far) from an expert on this set, but I do not believe that you have it right. It is my understanding that atc is the tobacco company (trust) that owned the different brands, and that all fronts and backs were made in NYC by American Lithograph. The actual factories, then, would put the cards into their product.<br /><br />But don't take my word for this. Seek verification.<br /><br />

Archive
07-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Stone</b><p>Rob ---not to steal your thread but where were the T210 cards printed? and was there distibution the same as T206? Thanks

Archive
07-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Yeah Rob, and where were w517s printed, and how many locations, and for which products?<br /><br /><br />Sheesh, I don't know why this piece of information is like pulling teeth (no anti-dentite intense offended). A guy who bought these bad boys when he was 7 would "only" be 82 today. Memory being what it is ... a guy never forgets his first ... card. Please - anybody who knows such a geezer, ask him about these cards!

Archive
07-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Thanks Gil for the information.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />