PDA

View Full Version : OT Vancouver baseball meeting and BBQ August 19

Archive
07-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>Northwest SABR (Society for American Baseball Research) Baseball Meeting in Vancouver<br /><br /><br />This is to let you know that we'll be having a Northwest SABR meeting in Vancouver, August 19 from 1:00 pm onwards. The location isn't yet fixed, but it's likely to be again at the BC Sports Hall of Fame.<br /><br />Reg Clarkson, who will turn 80 on that day, will be one of the speakers, talking about his time with the Vancouver Capilanos in th 1950s. If you know of other potential speakers or presentations, please let me know. There are two or three other former ballplayers who usually show up, including one who attending and played spring training games with Henry Aaron.<br /><br />As before, Jennifer and I will be having a post-meeting bbq at our house. We'll be supplying the hot dogs (both veggie and whatever that other stuff is) and buns, and some beer and pop. If you have an insatiable thirst, you might want to bring something more to drink.<br /><br />After the BBQ, for those interested, there is a Vancouver Canadians Baseball game up the street at Nat Bailey Stadium.<br /><br />The meeting (no admission charge) and BBQ are open to all, so please feel free to pass the invitation on to those you know who are interested in baseball. <br /><br />If you're interested and will be in the Vancouver area at that time (it's a much better deal than the Alaskan cruise...), please send me an email so I can provide you further information and directions.<br /><br />Max