PDA

View Full Version : A Real "Authentic" issue

Archive
06-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H (misunderestimated)</b><p>I recently sent my first card in to be simply graded "authentic" along with some other cards which I assumed were gradeable <br /><br />Unfortunately I am informed one is apparently trimmed (so much for buying raw cards and I wish I could take back my feedback, too). So, I decided to simply have it slabbed "authentic." It then occured to me that unless I want to roll the dice on submitting cards to various services over and over in the hope that one will slab it (and grade it) it might be more prudent to simply have any authentic card I want graded slabbed authentic when the grading service finds "evidence of trimming" or whatever deficiency I have failed to detect before submitting it. <br /><br />To my thinking I might as well at least get the card "holdered" when I send it in since I'm paying a "grading fee" regardless and the holders protect the cards etc.<br /><br />Since, this seems so eminently reasonable to me right now (in a somewhat sleep deprived yet caffeinated state) I wondered if I was missing something.<br />Any thoughts?

Archive
06-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p><font color=blue>It makes perfect sense to me.</font><br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
06-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Unless you are going to return the card to the original seller, and want it unslabbed for that, then you should get it in an (A)ut holder, imo.... Why not?

Archive
06-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Butthead</b><p>you said (A)holder, hahu, hahu...<br /><br />Butthead<br><br>Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Archive
06-29-2006, 07:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Richard Masson</b><p>Perfect logic.<br />With the cost of high grade cards where they are, the next area to appreciate will be slightly trimmed cards labeled authentic. They are much nicer to look at than stepped on cards graded 1 or 2, IMHO, and are only a fraction of the cost of a true high grade example. All we collectors need is a way to include them in a registry set to fill a hole, and we'll be all set!

Archive
06-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p><font color=blue>Cards graded "Authentic" by PSA can already be put in PSA's Set Registry.</font><br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
06-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>PSA Authentic cards can be put in the PSA Registry. They count as a ZERO when it comes to the set rating and grade, but they do help in increasing the completion % number.