PDA

View Full Version : Question About The National

Archive
06-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I noticed that this year's National has a "sneak preview" night. It's been several years since I've been to a National. Do most of the vintage dealers have their material out for the "sneak preview" or do they wait for the first full day?

Archive
06-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I had a similar question in another thread, that being, is everyone set up on "sneak peek" night or does it require a later visit to see "everything?"

Archive
06-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Posted By: <b>T. Engle</b><p>I'm not sure if this will help or not.<br /><br />From what it says, it sounds like they will be set up.<br /><br /><br /><br /><a href="http://www.nsccshow.com/activities_events.shtml" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.nsccshow.com/activities_events.shtml</a>

Archive
06-28-2006, 06:16 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>You can find deals (note I did not say good or bad) all week. The nice thing about the preview night is that it is small and quiet, relatively speaking, since you have to go VIP to get in there early. Makes it easier to roam the aisles and speak with dealers. I used it last year for set building efforts. <br /><br />edited to add: Bob is right--never, ever pass up something you want. I did that a couple of years ago and spent 2-3 hours frantically retracing my steps to try and find the table. Fortunately, I eventually located the table and was able to purchase the card. That's not usually the case. If you find something you really want, pounce on it even if it cleans out your bankroll.

Archive
06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>My experience is that even if you attend the sneak preview, many dealers have had a pre-sneak preview among themselves and some nice cards trade hands at that time. Still, it is a good opportunity to canvass the room quickly and make notes on who has cards you want to go back to and think about more before deciding. The caveat is that often I have discovered some cards (perhaps Zeenuts) which I want to come back to and when I do they are all gone. The policy of striking while the iron is hot definitely applies, especially if the price is decent.

Archive
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I agree....if you wait to come back to something it might not be there. I haven't had much luck on the sneak previews myself. I have had some luck on the last day of the show though ......Since folks might want to make that one last sale....actually the last day of the show has always been the best for me (buying)....regards