PDA

View Full Version : eBay scam email

Archive
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby</b><p>Just received an email that looks ebay official...<br /><br />Question from eBay Member -- Respond Now<br /><br />eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member. Use the Respond Now button below to respond to this message.<br /><br />I'm still waiting the package to arrive What happened? Please mail me ASAP or I will report you to ebay.<br /><br />I hit the respond button and put in false information and it logged me into a dummy site. So be carefull especially if you sell on eBay.

Archive
06-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Never respond to any emails from ebay, if they are legit you can find the same email in "My Messages" on your "My Ebay" page. It is one great think that ebay has added to help people to filter the good from bad.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
06-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>Today I received three to e-mail accounts that aren't even associated to any of my e-mail accounts, not to mention I wasn't selling anything at the time. They are getting more and more clever though. But ALWAYS ignore, or fwd. to spoof@ebay.com if you aren't sure and they'll e-mail you back. <br /><br />One of my friends fell for this and the next thing you know, he was in the business of selling high priced electronics. <br /><br />DJ