PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ebay fraud

Archive
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>This morning, I tried to log into my ebay account and the password had been changed. It turns out someone had changed all of my information after hacking into my account.<br /><br />Has this happened to any of you guys? <br />Anything I can do to find out who did it?<br /><br />Thanks for any help.<br /><br />Rob

Archive
06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hasn't happened to me but I would be on the phone with them (ebay) immediately....good luck and let us know how it turns out....

Archive
06-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Well, I would warn everyone to change your password every once in a while and make your password something that's hard to figure out.<br /><br />When I talked with Ebay, they simply stated that, yes someone hacked into your account somehow and that it's very common, even if you haven't clicked on any spoof emails or opened any second chance offers.<br /><br />I'm very careful, so I'm surprised this has happened.<br /><br />As some of you guys know, I've had some recent fraud as well connected to my bank accounts. I'm fairly sure they obtained much of the information through ebay.<br /><br />Anyways, just a heads up. I would hate to see this happen to any of you.<br /><br />For those of you that I've had transactions with recently who were inconvenienced, I sincerely apologize, but this thing seems to have crept into many facets of my "online life."<br /><br />Robert