PDA

View Full Version : Price of trimmed cards

Archive
06-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>I have a couple of cards that came back as trimmed from SGC. My question is what percentage of a non-trimmed card can these be sold for? <br /><br />Thanks Joe

Archive
06-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>The rarer the issue, the less trimming will affect the price. If we're talking run of the mill T206's, then you'll get maybe 10-20% of the non-trimmed value. The players pictured would make a difference, too. Cobbs and Mattys etc. bring a nice return, even trimmed.<br /><br />--Chad

Archive
06-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Have SGC, PSA or GAI, your choice, slab them and grade them as "Authentic," they'll bring a lot more than you think, especially if they are scarcer cards.

Archive
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Bob, I might do that, one is T206 Rossman, the other is a T207 Stanage blank back. I often wondered, we are paying to have the card encapsuled, graded or authentic, why should we have to ask them to encapsule authentic, just put in plastic, not just take the collectors money. I don't understand the blank backed T207, probably cut from a sheet sometime anyway.<br /><br />Joe

Archive
06-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Joe- Although PSA has graded some T207 blank backs with an actual grade, they have refused to grade others. Guess it depends on who is doing the submitting. SGC won't grade them for some reason, even as authentic. GAI might be your best bet if you ask that they grade it as authentic.<br />tb