PDA

View Full Version : t210 old mill..which series is the toughest

Archive
06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>How would folks ranks this type in order as far as scarcity goes?

Archive
06-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach Rice</b><p>I would rank series 8 as being the toughest. It is also the largest at 114 cards in total. Out of those 114 cards a little more than half became major league players or had played in the major league prior to 1910. Some in the series are more common, Perdue seems to show the most off all of them, in my opinion. I would rank series 7 close behind series 8. Don't let the large amount we saw on ebay last week fool you, they aren't easy, usually.

Archive
06-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>T210s are fascinating, and to a large extent under the radar.<br /><br />I think everyone on this board knows about them. But I think only a dozen or so board folks actually chase the cards. Major negatives are the cards are of the minor leagues, the number of cards issued, the black and white images (as opposed to color), and the fragility of the cards. Most of the guys on this board would go after T206s, then T205s, then T207s before chasing T210s.<br /><br />I believe that this soft demand on the cards results in the prices for them being somewhat low, relative to the quantity of cards out there. I've looked at prices of T cards over the years, and talked with guys that bought cards in the 50s and 60s. I think there are about 20 times as many T206s as T207s, about 8 to 10 times as many T205s as T207s, and about half as many T210s as there are T207s.<br /><br />As for the series, I think series 8 is ever so slightly more difficult than series 6. I'd definitely put series 7 behind 8 and 6. After that, the series are pretty close, with 5 being just a bit less plentiful than 1, 2, 3, and 4... but those five series are all close. For certain, series 6 and series 8 cards are difficult to track down.<br /><br />There are some cards that seem to be less available than others. I think that 3 generations from now this will be clear. Anyone attempting to complete the last 3 series will encounter a few cards that are seldom seen, seldom offered.<br /><br />I keep thinking I'm about to put a bunch of low series cards up on eBay. I might work on that this evening. Good luck chasing these rascals!

Archive
06-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I would disagree on Series 5 cards being just a little less scarce than 1,2,3 and 4. Although they are not as scarce as 8 (toughest), 6 (second toughest) or 7, I think they are quite a bit more scarce than the 4 series which precede them. Just because there was a large lot dropped on ebay a few weeks ago, don't overestimate their availability just as you shouldn't think 7s are easy because Goodwin had a ton in their recent auction.

Archive
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Posted By: <b>eric p.</b><p>i have been collecting t210's for about 6 years and this has been my experience, series 8 is the toughest hands down, series 6 seems to be a little tougher than series 7, for me personally series 4 has been just a hair tougher than series 5 but not by much (both are tough series to locate, their almost dead even when it comes to scarcity) and they are much more difficult to locate than series 3,1 and 2, t210's in general are tough to locate, they make t206's, t205's and t207's look like 56 topps by comparison, here is the breakdown from toughest to easiest: series 8,6,7,4,5,3,1, and 2 being the easiest, hope this helps, btw nice pickup on those series 5 cards bob.

Archive
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I'd rank then hardest to easiest 8-6-7-5-4-3-1-2<br /><br />Jay<br /><br />Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Archive
06-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Clarke</b><p>Isn't there a song called<br /><br />8-6-7-5-3-0-4

Archive
06-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>and 867-5309.....