PDA

View Full Version : Very dangerous phish

Archive
06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I got an email in the form of a question about an item I supposedly sold on eBay with the person wanting a refund because the card was not as described. I knew something was up since I haven't sold anything under my personal account in a long time. The whole thing was a phish. Apparently these people must have looked at my auction history to note what I was selling and then sent a phish that try and blend in with what I sold. <br /><br />Lessonlearned, even if you think the email you get from eBay looks and feels legit, don't click it, just go to My eBay page and see if that same message is there, because this one wasn't<br /><br />Jay<br><br>Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Archive
06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Posted By: <b>catena</b><p>i just foward to spoofs@ebay.com<br />if i don;t like what i see

Archive
06-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I do that too, but it's also not a bad idea to give the good people here a heads up since they are the ones that need to info more than eBay does. eBay isn't going to do much and doesn't let the public know that there are dangerous phishing mails like this around.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>Growing old is not optional, growing up is.