PDA

View Full Version : T205 Baseball Series 400 designs? really?

Archive
06-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>Just wondering, and if anyone can help with reasons or answers that would be great! There aren't very many resources for T205 info, and I'm already conversing with a few from this board (you know who you are!) so...<br /><br />The Sweet Caporal Back says "Baseball Series 400 Designs"<br />Piedmont says 400 as do Hassan, Soverign and American Beauty, in fact the only backs I have seen that don't specify are Polar Bear (and Broadleaf)!<br /><br />With the T206 set there were different series, 150, 350, 460, and I can only assume that with all the variations that there are close to that number of cards (at least 400 with all poses and variations)<br /><br />Our T205 set has 218 with variations, and some of these weren't intentional (Moran stray Line, Hoblitzell misspelled) does anyone know why there aren't 400 or even a close approximation of this set? The T202 set has a lot of the same pictures from the T205 set, was that considered a continuation of the set? Did they become the T207 set? Was there nothing made? i would like to know what people's feelings are!<br /><br />thanks!

Archive
06-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Russ,<br /><br />Shawn and I were just speculating on this and we both feel that a second series was indeed planned but never implemented. I think we both feel that because of the breakup of the American Tobacco trust around the time that the second series may have been put out might have led to its cancellation. <br /><br />Oh how I wish there was a second series of t205...I can just see the Jackson, Keeler, Plank, Waddell, and others now...<br /><br />Joshua