PDA

View Full Version : eBay - ouch!

Archive
05-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>my internet connection just stalled on me when I was going to put in my final bid... by the time I was able to put in the bid... the auction was over.<br /><br />ouch.

Archive
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>I had that happen to me on an auction a month ago... my internet stalled for 8 mins, auction ended in 8 mins, and as I was bidding I lost it.<br /><br />I was very frustrated.

Archive
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>As a dial up user this used to happen to me quite frequently.<br />Now I use a snipe service and its been great.<br /><br />Only 1 lot didn't register. But 1000 or so have...jay

Archive
05-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>not familiar with that.

Archive
05-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Donald Johnson</b><p>Joe,<br /><br />Here is a link to a service I use. Puts an automatic bid in for you at around 5 seconds remaining in the auction. That way, it takes your emotions out of your bidding and also prevents others from running up your bids. $10 gets you $1000 in snipe service and you can purchase more credits directly from your Paypal account.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.stealthbid.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.stealthbid.com</a><br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Don J.

Archive
05-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Joe<br /><br />a snipe service is a party that will bid for you. (in the last seconds of an auction)<br /><br />go to www.justsnipe.com and you can get 5 free snipes per week.<br /><br />for a nominal fee 5.00 you get unlimited I think. <br /><br />I use them and they have never failed me<br /><br />Steve

Archive
05-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>To think... I could have went out and enjoyed my morning.<br /><br />instead, I waited for the last minute of an auction- only to find that I couldn't put my bid in (internet connection).<br /><br />frustrating.

Archive
05-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Evanov</b><p>A sniping service is very helpful...but about 2% of my "esnipe" bids don't go thru [especially on Sunday nights]and that can sometimes be very annoying. Jay W. can tell you of the T3 Matty I lost that way.<br><br>Frank

Archive
05-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>I see that these snip services ask for your eBay login and password... <br /><br />any concerns with sharing that info?<br /><br />

Archive
05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>no