PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Jay Finglass ?

Archive
05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Jewish Sports collector</b><p>Jay Finglass owned Jay's Sports store in Baltimore, Maryland in the early 1980's. He was one of the most reputable & nicest dealers for vintage cards & memorabilia. Is he still in the hobby ?<br /><br />Thanks.<br />Alan

Archive
05-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>There is an ebay seller "jays" that has vintage materials, and also occasionally sells complete sets of VCBC (minus #7). His location is in that part of Md. Not sure if it's the same guy, but might be.<br /><br />Joann

Archive
05-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Posted By: <b>will</b><p>The store still exists in Timonium, but I haven't been in a while. Downsized quite a bit. I do business with Jay's cousin - I'll ask him about Jay.

Archive
05-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p> That Dan McKee could tell the story better; but IIRC, the people now known as Jays were also the people who took over VCBC from Dennis Purdy.<br /><br /> Regards<br />Rich

Archive
05-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>Jay sold the store to Don Betz in the early 90's. I met Don in 1993 when I started at Towson University. I ran the Jays auctions in SCD from 1995-1997. Don took over VCBC and moved the store from Towson to Timmonium several years ago. Last that I heard about Jay, he was day trading stock on the internet, but that was in the late 1990s when everybody was doing it an making money.. <br /><br />Scott