PDA

View Full Version : M101-2 Question

Archive
05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Henry Eshelman</b><p>I just started liking these cards and was wondering more about them.<br /><br />How were they issued?<br />What type of paper stock are they on (thickness etc..)?<br />and whats the relative price range for Hofers commons etc.<br><br>Thanks, Henry Eshelman<br /><br />Website:www.freewebs.com/vintagebaseball

Archive
05-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>They are on thick paper stock but not cardboard - thus, they are fairly thin compared to standard cards.<br /><br />They are also hard to find uncreased. I would estimate that a common player in vg-ex condition would cost around $25-30. Prices for HOFers vary dramatically. Ive seen grover alexanders sell for upwards of $400-500 in nice condition. Obviously cobbs, wagners and jacksons are even more. However, lessor HOFers are substantially cheaper than similarly dated standard cards.

Archive
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>One of my favorite issues. The Walter Johnson/Gabby Street, the Wagner/Cobb, and the Smokey Joe Wood are classics. Try finding them with an ad back!

Archive
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Thanks for responses. Does anyone grade them?<br><br>Thanks, Henry Eshelman<br /><br />Website:www.freewebs.com/vintagebaseball

Archive
05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>gai used to grade them - dont believe they do so anymore which is ok b/c it looked terrible anyway.