PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 1933 Goudey Red Faber PSA 5

Archive
05-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br />I recently purchased a 1933 Goudey Red Faber #79 PSA 5 on eBay from a reputable seller. If still in-holder the PSA Certification Number is 40443539. The envelope that arrived in the mail had been slashed open and the insured mail label had been ripped-off. There was no card inside. If anyone sees this card know that is stolen and kindly let me know you have seen it through a responsive post. The stolen card can be viewed on eBay completed items at the following link:<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8808284664&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8808284664&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1</a><br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br /><br />Scot

Archive
05-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry</b><p>The Insurance should still be good with thwe sellers reciepts.

Archive
05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br />Thanks, Jerry. I have spoken with the seller and he will make good, but I would still like to see the thief caught and slapped with some sort of a mail fraud count. Scot

Archive
05-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>shouldn't you report this to your post office? who could have had contact with your mail? if it was someone not from the PO, why wouldn't they just take the whole package? So it seems there is a good chance it is from your local PO...and if so, if you don't report it, they can do it again to another card in the future, right?

Archive
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br />I will be speaking with the PO tomorrow.

Archive
05-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt E.</b><p>Make sure you print off the PO acceptance of your package from the USPS website. Yes you have your PO receipt, but they also go online themselves and check. <br /><br />Also make sure your blue insured tag / receipt is filled out with the name and address of the person in case you get some by the book Postmaster. Don't deal with this at the counter demand to see the Postmaster!<br />On big items I always use the Delivery Confirmation which also shows acceptance along with the Insurance tags/ sticker. .<br /><br />I find myself going to different post offices because I mail so many cards. It takes just one employee to know you are the "card guy" and your packages are forever looked at differently.<br /><br />Good Luck

Archive
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>Perhaps this is not the case here, but I have wondered if when we put a large amount of insurance on an item if it does not tempt certain postal workers. Anyone can tell by the amount of postage how much insurance is on the package. I may be overly suspicious since I lived in India for a year and every package I received from the States was delivered torn open with items missing inside. On the shipping end, this problem was solved for me when I got an insurance policy on my collection which covers cards I ship, so I do not need postal insurance on top of it.<br />JimB

Archive
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>The envelopes are certainly easy to open. I like to mail and receive mail with the card in the small Priority mail cardboard boxes. I think it takes more time to get these open and anyone can see the results. The boxes are free , can be ordered online or picked up at Post Office.<br /><br />Joe

Archive
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br />I filed a mail theft report with the postal inspector today. In a month or so I'll post how the investigation (if any) went/is going so others on the board who experience a similar problem in the future will have a data point.<br />Scot