PDA

View Full Version : ebay feedback

Archive
05-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>joey</b><p>I was just wondering what would be a reasonable time to expect someone to return feedback after you have left it for them (positive of course).

Archive
05-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Mosley</b><p>There are some eBayers who don't take the time to leave you feedback even if your transaction goes perfectly while there are others who will go through their transactions every couple of weeks or a month at a time and leave feedbacks then.<br /><br />All of this is to say that you may get positive feedback several weeks down the road or you may never get feedback on your transaction. Your mileage may vary.<br /><br />As far as what is "reasonable", I usually try to go by the following guidelines when I leave feedback:<br /><br />As a seller, I try to leave feedback as soon after payment is received as possible since the buyer has fulfilled their obligation at that point.<br /><br />As a buyer, I will leave positive feedback once I've received the item and it is as the seller has described.

Archive
05-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p>I leave positive feedback immediately when I receive payment for an item and I leave feedback for a seller only after he has left feedback for me. Since I have been doing this, I don't concern myself anymore with who left what and when.

Archive
05-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Scott and Martin,<br /><br />To me, you two use the feedback system the way it's supposed to be used. People have their reasons for not leaving feedback first as a seller that has received payment and there's a good chance we're going to hear their side. <br /><br />As a seller (I don't sell too much) I follow the guidelines you two follow.

Archive
05-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Posted By: <b>drc</b><p>Some people don't give each feeback instantaneously, but all at once-- kind of like paying the bills at the end of the week. After each check received in the mail, I don't sprint to the computer with shoes untied and give positive feedback. If you think someone should give you feedback, email them and ask them to and he or she probably will.<br /><br />As a buyer and a seller I give a postive feedback when deserved and I don't have requirement that the buyer gives feeback first. I understand people value, want and deserve their good feedback. However, if eBay buyers issued me a stop watch, referee and log book to record how long it takes me to give each feedback, they'd be waiting a long time for their positive feedback.<br /><br />I had a salty old relative who was one day doing his taxes. There was a box on the form that said "Do Not Write In This Box. For Government Use Only." So my relative wrote in the box, "I will write wherever I damn well please" ... That's similar to how I would react to to the stopwatch, referee and feedback, considering I already give positive feedback regularly.

Archive
05-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Count me in with the group which includes Scott and Martin. When I sell a card and I receive payment I always leave positive feedback immediately. When I receive a card I leave positive feedback within 24 hours. I never check for reciprocity, I just hope they do.

Archive
05-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I've had enough bad experiences with buyers that I will not leave feedback for a buyer until I know the transaction is completed to their satisfaction. The buyer's responsibility is not over after he makes payment. If you leave feedback right away, there is no way for the seller to them leave appropriate feedback if the buyer is pulling a PayPal scam or trying to pull some other stunt. <br /><br />The feedback system is supposed to alert buyers to good and bad sellers, <B>AND</B> good and bad buyers. By leaving feedback first as a seller, you cannot do this.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
05-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>I was going to leave essentially the same response as Jay. <br /><br />I used to get irritated when a seller waited until I left pos before he would leave it in turn. I thought it unfair that a seller would hold feedback hostage for getting positive feedback from me first.<br /><br />But my sister recently sold a cell phone to a zero-feedback buyer. All went well w/payment, etc. Then the seller claimed the flip was cracked almost off, defective goods, demanded refund, didn't want to return phone, etc. When she finally got the phone back, it was clear that he had intentionally broken it. Plus, his ebay history showed that he was winning bidder on a different cell phone in an auction that ended the day before he received the one from my sister.<br /><br />He opened a PayPal dispute, pulled payment back, blah blah blah. It's been opened and closed twice now, recently reopened again. PP not interested in photos, or my sister's 250+ 100% feedback and his zero, etc. <br /><br />This whole thing has been a joke, and now I have much more understanding of why a seller might not consider a buyer's performance to be positive just at the receipt of payment. <br /><br />Joann

Archive
05-23-2006, 06:55 AM
Posted By: <b>joey</b><p>My post was not one in which I was hoping to get some smart comment about a stop watch and racing to the computer with untied shoes. It was posted to get a decent response. Thank you to everyone who did give a decent reply. My question came from me paying for a card I had won with paypal within one hour after the auction closed. I got my card about 13 days after the auction closed. I left positive feedback as soon as I checked my card. It has been almost three and a half weeks without any feedback returned. I emailed him a week ago with no response either. So (DRC) do you still think we need a referee and a log book smart guy?

Archive
05-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p> <br />Feedback! It ain't nothing but a heartbreaker<br />Feedback! Friend only to the undertaker<br />Feedback! It's an enemy to all mankind<br />The thought of feedback blows my mind<br /> <br />Feedback has caused unrest in the younger generation<br />Induction then destruction-<br />Who wants to die?<br /> <br />Ohhh? Feedback Good God y'all<br />What is it good for?<br />Absolutely nothing<br />Say it, Say it, Say it<br /> <br />Feedback! Uh-huh Yeah - Huh!<br />What is it good for?<br />Absolutely nothing<br />Listen to me?<br /><br /><br /><br />If you are a buyer, feedback or the lack of it, has no importance.<br />If a seller, you feel bound to try to explain the actions of every nut job with a red pen.

Archive
05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p>Gilbert,<br /><br /> Thanks for the first ear to ear grin of the day! And as a bonus, I'll have that great song in my head all day!