PDA

View Full Version : 1948 Bowman Proofs?

Archive
05-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Posted By: <b>James Feagin</b><p>Hopefully we can call this a Pre-Korean War thread. There's a seller at a local card show that has what he claims to be 1948 Bowman "proofs". They appear to be hand cut and have blank backs. The front photographs are not different from the regular issue. He doesn't strike me as a shady character as he sells a load of really weird and different cards and ephemera (sp?). Is anyone familiar with 1948 Bowman proofs, what to look for, and what value these could have? Thanks,<br /><br />James

Archive
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>James<br /><br />I have had these in the past. My advice to you is take a normal '48 Bowman<br />card with you to compare the thickness of these proof cards. Because, there<br />have been cases where the cards were delaminated and advertised as blank-<br />banks or proofs.<br /><br />T-Rex Ted

Archive
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Posted By: <b>James Feagin</b><p>Thanks Ted,<br /><br />For those of us who are 1948 Bowman cardless, what would be another option? Additionally, what kind of premium, if any, would these cards have?<br /><br />James