PDA

View Full Version : Create Auction vs. Ebay

Archive
05-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>A lot of people are going to Create auction to run their auctions and I was wondering why they would utilize their services (outside of some %) instead of throwing it up on eBay where they will get more traffic, exposure and can probably eliminate advertising. <br /><br />Why Create over eBay?<br /><br />Curious.<br /><br />DJ

Archive
05-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>Maybe it is because they can see who the bidders are and how much they are bidding. And maybe they can shill easier. Just some maybes. <br /><br />Alot of cards I have seen in these auctions are cards bought on ebay by the same guy(s) running the auction. From my standpoint, why would I bother bidding on it now if the guy beat me out of it on ebay?

Archive
05-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I personally think the create auction platform is cumbersome and loaded with bugs. As far as shills go, why wouldn't the other auctions using the platform (Mile High etc) follow REA'a lead and use Honest Auto Bid?

Archive
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I have been told that the owner of Createauction reads this board and was disappointed with my post, in particular : "Maybe it is because they can see who the bidders are and how much they are bidding. And maybe they can shill easier. Just some maybes. "<br /><br />If they want to address this issue, I can think of no better place than to post letting us know exactly how bidders can be comfortable with Createauctions vs ebay. Maybe they do have precautions in place, and maybe I am off base.