PDA

View Full Version : Team Card Question

Archive
05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Nate</b><p>Greetings, and I hope all is well with everyone.<br /><br />I was wondering if anyone knows whether there were any team cards ever produced/issued for the Philadelphia Athletics between the years of 1932-34, and also for the Cincinnati Reds between the years of 1934-37.<br /><br />I am aware of the 1936 R311 "Glossy" and "Leather" premiums - where several team cards were issued along with the rest of the set - but to the best of my knowledge, the card I'm looking for in this particular case (the 1936 Cincinnati Reds) is not among the other team cards included in this set.<br /><br />Other than that, I am at a complete loss for knowing any possible cards that may exist which depict either the Philadelphia Athletics of 1932-34, or the Cincinnati Reds of 1934-37. For all I know, there may not, infact, be any team cards at all that actually depict these two teams during these various years, and I may be on just another wild goose chase. I guess I have to find out one way or another. <br /><br />Any help, or insight that you may be able to offer into this matter would be well-received and greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance! Take care.<br /><br />-Nate

Archive
05-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>drc</b><p>There likely are team photos, perhaps shot by a news service or perhaps The Sporting News. The Sporting News issued 8x10 photos of teams in the 1940s, perhaps earlier.