PDA

View Full Version : T206 Camnitz Query

Archive
05-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Peich</b><p>I have just returned from Ft. Washington where I picked up four of the five remaining T206s I needed to complete my set (minus the Big Six). One of the last cards I found was the Camnitz (arms down), a card that has eluded me for several years. The copy I bought this week-end is a Vg+, and I paid a lot for it. When I asked a few dealers why it was so expensive, to a person they replied that it's a scarce card.<br /><br />What is the opinion of other T206 collectors: is it a scarce card? Any thoughts on why it may be scarce?<br /><br />The show itself (the last to be held in this venue) was sparsely populated, although a number of Board members were there. I suspect Ted Z. will file a report on attendance. BTW, many thanks to Ted for helping me purchase a Cobb (bat off) and Cy (portrait). I'm broke!<br /><br />Cheers, Mike

Archive
05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>I don't know anything about Camnitz but I do know I can help you financially.

Archive
05-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>Hi Mike,<br /><br />I agree that camnitz arms down is one of the tougher commons in the T206 set. As I draw closer to completion, I still don't have one and don't see that many offered, although I haven't gone crazy looking for it either. Within the context of T206, it's tough for a common.<br /><br />Good luck with the rest of your set and upgrades.<br /><br />Rob

Archive
05-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Guys,<br /> I don't think any Camnitz cards are that tough, but I don't know which one you are talking about. The 3 most commonly referred to poses are:<br /><br />1.Hands Over<br />2.Arm at side<br />3.Arms folded <br /><br />I'm guessing the "arms down" is the arm at side pose. If so, LMK I believe I have a few extras. Be well Brian

Archive
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Mike<br /><br />Thanx for the nice comments....glad I could help you.<br /><br />I checked my set (which is divided in groups of each Series), this particular<br />Camnitz is in the very last group....the 460 ONLY series of which there are<br />only 48 cards. Scot Reader's analysis confirms this.<br /><br />Now, does this make this card any tougher than other commons....I don't think so.<br /> However, if you talk with dealers, who are "up" with the latest "population<br />report", they might tell you otherwise. And, this is where I have strong<br /> reservations regarding the accuracy of this type of data.<br /><br /><br />But, then what do I know.....I am just an ole T-Rex.

Archive
05-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh Adams</b><p>I've got a Camnitz arms at sides. It came in Lot #139 of the REA auction. Sweet! Thanks for the post, and the info.<br><br>Go Go White Sox<br />2005 World Series Champions!

Archive
05-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Rivera</b><p>I have the Camnitz in Sov. 460. -got it from David Levin.<br />He has a large inventory if you are looking for a certin card you can't find.<br />I don't think any of the 3 Camnitz are that tough.<br /><br />Ted<br /><br />Thanks for the cards -you make the FT Washington show worth the trip.<br />PS did you sell that PSA 7 blank? -I know you had alot of offers. lol

Archive
05-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br />For what it's worth, my analysis ranks Camnitz (At Side) 148th most difficult among the 520+ subjects; the most difficult of the three Camnitz poses and 10th most difficult among the 48 460-only series subjects. Not rare by any means, but a relatively difficult common. Scot

Archive
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Peich</b><p>Thanks to all of you for your input, and particularly to Scott for his statistical ranking. Information like this is what makes this Board a joy to read. BTW, the card I bought has a Sweet Caporal 350-460 back.<br />Cheers, Mike

Archive
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>anyone out there aware of the 4th Camnitz??<br /><br />Frank.