PDA

View Full Version : SGC on-site grading in SoCal in May

Archive
04-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>Just saw that SGC will be in Santa Monica in May doing on-site grading. I'm emailing them to ask if they are slabbing at the same time or just doing the pre-grade like GAI does at shows. I don't expect an answer til Monday, but thought I'd ask if anyone here knew what the deal would be. Thanks.<br /><a href="http://www.sgccard.com/appearances.htm" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.sgccard.com/appearances.htm</a>

Archive
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Bottom of the Ninth</b><p>They will be making an announcement and sending emails. They will be grading and encapsulating. <br /><br />Greg

Archive
04-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>Thanks. Looks like I'm treking to Santa Monica.

Archive
04-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>i'll have to make the 30 min drive as well...thanks for info!

Archive
05-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Or are they just showing up?

Archive
05-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>No event indicated on their website, so maybe something new they are trying out. Interesting business model but I would have expected much heavier advertising - like emails to anyone who has ever submitted a card to them to ensure sufficient business.

Archive
05-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Posted By: <b>FYS</b><p>It is on the front page of their website:<br /><br />California Meet & Greet!<br /><br />The SGC team will be taking submissions and grading on-site in Santa Monica, CA<br />from Thursday, May 18 through Sunday, May 21. Come and meet SGC management and staff members, and submit your cards for grading! <br /><br />Location:<br />Doubletree Guest Suites<br />1707 4th Street<br />Santa Monica, CA 90401<br />(310) 395-3332<br /><br />SGC will be available from 10AM to 5PM from Thursday, May 18 through Sunday, May 21.<br /><br />Turnaround times will be based on demand. Click here for our on-site grading fees, or submit your cards to us using our normal rates and turnaround times.<br /><br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />If you sign up on the front page of their website to receive updates/monthly specials you would likely received this information. They have not sent out the e-mail for May specials as of yet, but they are posted on the website.

Archive
05-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Posted By: <b>FYS</b><p>FYI: On site grading fees<br /><br />On-Site Grading Fees <br /><br />Fee Service Type <br />$100 Any card valued over $7,500 <br />$50 Any card valued between $1000 - $7,500 <br />$25 Any card valued $1000 or less <br /><br />SGC will not refund grading fees for cards that were submitted for grading but have been rejected due to any of the following: trimmed, altered, counterfeit, color added, etc. <br /><br />

Archive
05-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Bottom of the Ninth</b><p>As I stated above, emails and other notification will be made. The details were firmed up late Thursday.