PDA

View Full Version : 1914 CJ Mathewson

Archive
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Kravitz</b><p>WOW, 1914 PSA 4 Mathewson sold for $25K on Ebay tonight. REA has a PSA 4 that is already at $25K + hammer fee and has 15 days left. I think people get more carried away at the big auctions and some sweet deals are still being had on Ebay. I wonder how much more REA's PSA 4 sells for + the fee. Why would someone who wants this card not bid up Ebay?

Archive
04-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Bottom of the Ninth</b><p>Same grade on the holder but two entirely different looking cards. The ebay example looked closer to VG and the REA one appears EX, possibly better.<br /><br />Greg

Archive
04-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>i agree that most people bid on the card...not the holder...BUT...there are a bunch of green cobb t206 cards that seem to be soaring well above ebay realized prices as of lately in the big auction houses...mainly Robert Edwards. <br /><br />I think there is some truth to people bidding higher prices in auctions vs ebay...or maybe the clientelle bidding on these auctions doesn't trust/frequent ebay?<br /><br />pete in mn

Archive
04-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I think there are some deep pockets that don't bother with ebay at all for many reasons...but mostly because they don't have the time and they can't trust the sellers like they can the auction houses.

Archive
04-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>plus as hard as it is to realize, MANY people still don't spend all their waking hours on the net like the rest of us.....<br />

Archive
04-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>S</b><p>I agree with bottom of the ninth, 2 different cards. The one on REA is sharp, the one on Ebay...not so much. Real nice card on ebay, but not the same caliber as the REA Matty, but a good deal, as the SGC 1.5 on Mastro is over $10,000 right now. Did you see the 2 other auctions for the same ebay Matty pop up with same card and same auction info yesterday? Nice try.