PDA

View Full Version : My umpteenth board apology re: Viruses heads-up (see last response (mine) to this thread)

Archive
04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>I got a couple of emails re: my thread about consigning to the big auction houses, and I wanted to mention that one of them contained 2 viruses (both java based).<br /><br />I won't mention the senders, because I'm sure they were unaware of this. But just a heads up to the senders that there may be a gremlin piggybacking on your email messages.<br /><br />Regards.<br /><br />Bob<br /><br />BTW, my Anti Vir software caught both, so no real harm done, and I might add that I think Anti Vir (which is freeware, can you believe?), is superior to either of the 2 big guns in this area of computer protection.

Archive
04-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>Because of the potential virus probs associated with this post, I felt I had to "bump" it. <br /><br />Bob

Archive
04-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>I must admit, that I am surprised at the lack of ANY response to my original post.<br /><br />Maybe it's not showing due to a technical prob.<br /><br />Bob

Archive
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>What is there to respond to?

Archive
04-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Maybe the person doesn't know their computer has a virus or two... thats typically how they're passed on anyway. Were the emails hostile?

Archive
04-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Posted By: <b>BobS</b><p>Not at all, Kyle. Thet were very helpful, in fact.<br /><br />My post was just a heads up.<br /><br />Bob

Archive
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Posted By: <b>BobS</b><p>Hey, folks,<br /><br />I thought the best way to address this issue was a board post. I guess I was wrong.<br /><br />I didn't email the board member(s) who had the viruses attached to their emails they sent me for fear that I would might pass it back to them.<br /><br />Since they were both regulars here, I thought they wouild see my post, and get the "heads-up" that way.<br /><br />I guess my Lyme disease has once again clouded my thinking.<br /><br />Sorry to anyone who thought the post was "trivial" or not worth posting, or simply a waste of bandwidth.<br /><br />I'll continue to try to improve my judgement on whether "to post, or not to post", re: any particular issue.<br /><br />Best regards.<br /><br />Bob

Archive
04-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Bob, there was nothing wrong with your original thread. I, for one, read it and took due notice. Virus heads up are always good.

Archive
04-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>But I would have let the people know directly so they can clean their computer. No worries, glad your computer wasn't infected.

Archive
04-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>I don't think there is anything wrong with posting it Bob, you misunderstood me. I just didn't think there was anything to respond to in it. It's good that you gave everyone here a heads up, but it seemed like you were getting annoyed brcause no one was responding to the post.<br /><br />edited grammar

Archive
04-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Bob- Thanks for the headsup but have you emailed the sender of the message to let them know of the problem?

Archive
04-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Posted By: <b>HandsAtNeck</b><p>Bob: I love everything which I post. In the few rare occasions that not everyone immediately grasps the wisdom, charm, insight, and other attributes of my post, I just chalk it up to them having an off day.<br /><br />I don't measure the success of a post by the number of responses it garners, I measure my success by how long Leon allows me to post here without warnings.<br /><br />Its Only Gil

Archive
04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>I want to thank everyone for your replies. I, and my neurologist both think that the Lyme is affecting my emotional/neurological functions.<br /><br />I appreciate the kindness and understanding that everyone here at VBC have given me.<br /><br />Kindest regards,<br /><br />Bob