PDA

View Full Version : Big Auction effect on eBay?

Archive
04-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>There are currently 1363 pre-1930 listings on eBay. Couple of weeks ago it was running 4,000 to 6,000. Even discounting the eBay specials the numbers were significantly higher than today. Has our attention to Mastro, REA, Lipset and Leland's affected eBay or is there some other reason for so few listings?

Archive
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p><br />One impact this week versus prior weeks is the fact that Easter is next Sunday. A good deal of auctions start and end on Sundays and anyone thinking ahead of when their auction would end, might have made a decision to skip a week. I did.

Archive
04-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>Also, 10-cent listing days usually bring a tidal wave of listings in the auction area that might normally be in the store area.<br /><br />Joann

Archive
04-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Mc</b><p>I keep a close eye on the numbers and they are way down. I thought maybe my search was was on the fritz. To be honest, I get depressed when the numbers are lower than 4000 in the pre 30 or 30-39.

Archive
04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Posted By: <b>chris bland</b><p>for a while ebay was including things for sale in ebay stores in their count totals. It appears they have stopped doing that, which accounts for the low number.

Archive
04-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>I think the Easter Effect and Chris' response are right on. Thanks for your participation.

Archive
04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>It may just be a change in ebay's software. For several weeks, ebay was counting all of the items in the ebay stores as part of its total "pre 1930" count (and its totals in all other categories.) They've now gone back to the old system where these don't count.

Archive
04-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>I have been overwhelmed with how many auctions i HAVE been seeing (and buying and losing and everything) there used to be more? I hope it gets back to that sometime soon! Trying to complete my t205 set and keep buying from and bidding against the same 10 people or so... if there was more I think it would be easier for people to get what they want at prices they can afford...<br /><br />I would figure with the start of baseball season that there would be mORE auctions, but the converse could be true... there's more of a lull because you GET your (not me or you, but ONE would) baseball fix by watching the games...<br /><br />just my thoughts...<br /><br />R