PDA

View Full Version : URL Question

Archive
04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach Rice</b><p>I don't know how many typed in vintagebaseballcardforum.com to get here but I used to and as of today it take me to cardpricer.com ? Can anyone shed any light on this for me ?

Archive
04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I think Ted, of Cardpricer.com, owned the domain and had offered to change the url of our forum.....I opted to keep it the same as it is today.....that might be the issue....and that was at least 8-9 months ago.....regards

Archive
04-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Ted actually set up the "vintagecardforum.com" URL which was intended to be a "friendly URL" for us. Essentially this URL, while hosted on his server, would direct users to our forum when someone typed it in to their address bar. I'm sure you've noticed that the URL to our forum is long and contains that numerated ID at the end that no one will ever remember. So he set up the VintageCardForum.com redirect page which used to take people here. That way, if someone wanted to access the site from a remote location, they would be able to remember "vintagecardforum.com" much easier than "<a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/" target="_new">http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/</a>".<br /><br />Problem is, that redirect page was indeed kept on his own personal server. While Ted was kind enough to keep that up for quite a while, it appears now that there is some sort of a glitch on his server that has that same redirect page now pointing to his own website.<br /><br />Hope that makes a bit of sense.....

Archive
04-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am not one for remembering cryptic url's so when I'm away I just go to google and type in "Network54 baseball" and we are always the top hit.....it's an easy way to check the board from other places....regards

Archive
04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>.</b><p>.

Archive
04-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Posted By: <b>.</b><p>.