PDA

View Full Version : An ebay cheater cheats himself

Archive
04-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I BINed a supposedly vg-ex card only to find the back completely covered in paper from a glue-down. I was ticked as heck until I peeled off the paper and found I'd purchased a card from a tougher set than advertised. Loser seller concealed the paper and the paper concealed the true nature of the card. I feel cheated yet vindicated at the same time. I happily left neutral feedback for the seller explaining what the seller had done to me and to himself and (hopefully) adding a nice blemish to the seller's ebay record.

Archive
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Adam, <br /><br />What was the card? What was the backing? I guess the scrap book paper must have come off fairly easy. Always good when you can find the silver lining.

Archive
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Adam- It would be great if it were an E98 and when you pulled the paper off, it said "Old Put!"

Archive
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefieldf</b><p>I am astonished that you left neutral feedback.<br /><br />If you weren't happy, did you ask to rescind the deal? You get your money back with shipping, he the card??<br /><br />You kept the card, were happy with it... gotta do the right thing in life, and leaving the guy neutral feedback isn't right.

Archive
04-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>just becuase he got a deal doesn't make what the seller did right. The seller was trying to pull a fast one. Regardless of who got the better end of the deal, the seller should be dinged for trying to scam people.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
04-03-2006, 04:29 AM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>The seller deserved the neutral if not a negative. Future buyers need to be aware that this individual is not being honest when describing the condition of his/her items.

Archive
04-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I left a neutral because the seller tried to scam me. It doesn't matter that the Yuenglings card I bought turned out to be a York, the seller still tried to scam me.

Archive
04-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Scot</b><p> Karma? Congrats!