PDA

View Full Version : Obak Crendorff post disappeared???

Archive
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>OH well, I wrote a responce on the Crendorff post and then it disappeared..... dont even know who wrote it??<br /><br />But this is what I know....<br /><br />1910 Obak Crendorff cards are out there, Ive seen 2 on eBay over the last 4 years. I even wrote it in in my 2002 SCD Catalog the first time I saw it. Dont know if its rarer or what. Im sure others know more. It isnt listed in the 2006 SCD either, so the checklist hasnt been updated.<br /><br />It may be similar to the extremely rare 1911 Zeenut Bohen card???<br /><br />Im sure PCL collectors know more about it.<br /><br /><br />edited to add<br /><br />Funny because I have seen that exact Crendorff card on eBay or one that has the similar problem. I even remember a seller saying it was uncataloged thats why I wrote it in my 2002 book, that is funny, oh well I guess that solves it.

Archive
04-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach Rice</b><p>I'm with you Frank, lost.....<br /><br />Lost about the missing post that is, Brian McQueen was the author.

Archive
04-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>I posted a reply to the post that i thought it was Orendorff with part of the O obscured and apparently he felt his question was answered. I have not seen a "Crendorff"<br /><br />Scott

Archive
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Hi everyone,<br /><br />Yes, I deleted my own post. I thought that Scott's answer was pretty sufficient and I felt sort of foolish for asking the question in the first place. Upon closer scrutiny of my card I can tell that the first letter is actually an "O" and not a "C" as I originally thought. There is some creasing and wear in that lower-left corner that hid part of the letter and made me think it was a "C". Still though, I have seen several versions of how that name is spelled...oddly enough. I've seen it spelled "Ornsdorff", "Oredorff" and "Orendorff" - the latter being the way it appears on the card. <br /><br />Sorry for deletion...consider the topic re-opened!

Archive
04-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I also responded to the original post...<br /><br />Kind of related:<br /><br />In 1909 Obaks, the old English font makes a "J" look like an "F". You will see in SGC's pop report both Jansing and Fansing. This is an error on the flip, and not an uncatalogued player.