PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for information!

Archive
03-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>Hey Guys, <br /><br />I'm interested in collecting the t205 and t206 sets (well not sets but a nice collection of cards) the only one I own is a t205 Louis Evans (pretty nice condition, no chipping on border) I see all these places to buy the cards for hundreds of dollars, or for 25-500 a pop on e-bay. where would you recommend trying to obtain these cards? Estate sales? Garage sales? i don't need you to divulge industry secrets if you know of a horde hiding somewhere, but i would like to know good places to start because i am not financialy capable of buying a LOT for a whole lot of money. I think the cards are beautiful and are a real slice of american history, which is why i would like to know if you can recommend anything? I live Near Seattle, WA, so we didn't have baseball here for a long time, so the odds fo finding hordes are probably slim to none...<br /><br />suggestions? help? I have a little money to buy so if there's anyone who wants to help me out contact me offlist. my user name @hotmail.com Excited to be here? thanks for reading!@<br /><br />Russ

Archive
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>welcome and good luck!<br />i've found the B/S/T is a great place to buy cards from<br />VBC colleagues.<br />in the last month or so, i've bought about 40 or so from<br />these folks and they've been top drawer.<br />as leon reminds us, caveat emptor---still, my experience<br />with bst has been consistently pleasing.<br /><br />all the best<br /><br />barry