PDA

View Full Version : I thought inserts in holders were meant to hold the card

Archive
03-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>PSA has problems with its "condom" or baggie holders. People like the black inserts that SGC & GAI use - because the black inserts are shaped to hold the card in place. <br /><br />But with this GAI insert, what's the point? The card is going to slide around a lot, isn't it?<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-D304-WEBER-Bread-Bender-GAI-VG-EX-Tough_W0QQitemZ8781848482QQcategoryZ57993QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-D304-WEBER-Bread-Bender-GAI-VG-EX-Tough_W0QQitemZ8781848482QQcategoryZ57993QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a><br />

Archive
03-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>GAI has learned its lesson from the ryan christoff's fiasco...notice the sleeve within the black insert. i'm sure the fitted black insert is coming...within a couple weeks...or 6 months, or never.<br /><br />edited to add: but seriously i've seen GAI graded d304s and they've always had the fitted inserts and the cards fit snugly inside...gai cards are still overgraded imo though.

Archive
03-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>"notice the sleeve within the black insert"<br /><br />ah, I see that now. Thanks.

Archive
03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Brett</b><p>that's as bad as the old psa holders i see with t206s in it, that are loose and all tilted to one side. probably dinging up the corners.

Archive
03-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Posted By: <b>RP60</b><p>Hopefully GAI has cleaned up its act since I submitted about a year and a half ago..Got back two rattlers, and one a seven!! T205's no less!..

Archive
03-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Ray</b><p>I have no idea why they use these. I have a 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols rookie graded gem mint and its in one of those "loose" holders (SGC I think). I'd bet anyone that if I shook the thing enough I'd get a banged up corner or two. So, not only do they make no sense for the smaller vintage cards, but they make no sense for even the modern ones either.

Archive
03-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Posted By: <b>ScottIngold</b><p> 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols .........Who ?????<br /><br />Just kidding of course.

Archive
03-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>I was surprised to see the baggie within the holder on the D304, that's the first one I've seen from GAI, they normally use tight fitting black inserts. They have corrected the earlier problem they had with "rattlers" and I've been very satisfied lately with their slabbing. The one thing I wish they would change, though, is their encapsulating of cards like the Fatima team cards. Instead of their being displayed in nice tight slabs like SGC, they use those oversized "license plate" type holders which look horrible. Hopefully in the future they will convert to the SGC type holders for these cards.