PDA

View Full Version : O/T but got a ask - ebay phone support?

Archive
03-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>So I got a phone call yesterday from ebay customer service. It was a real live person, and fairly nice. The girl said I was selected to get free phone support for a month. We spoke for about 20 minutes, about the thief Elkins negative on my record, and a few other things, so I don't think it was a scam. She offered some solutions but mainly things I had already tried. She did seem like she cared. Has anyone else got this call? Could ebay actually be caring now? regards (and sorry for the o/t, there's been a few too many lately).....

Archive
03-22-2006, 05:05 AM
Posted By: <b>pete</b><p>you can be o/t anytime...i personally have not been called by ebay but a buddy of mine was about a month ago, it was in reference to his ebay store and how to get more sales and save on costs, never did they try to sell him anything or ask personal questions<br />pete-

Archive
03-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Tony Andrea</b><p>Iv'e actually had at least 3 phone messages left on my home phone by Ebay in the last couple months as well while at work.<br />Wanted to discuss setting up an Ebay store which I dont currently have and mentioned Ebay's power seller options that they claim I qualify for now since iv'e been selling quite a bit the last few months.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
03-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>hi everyone<br />they do call power sellers.....i had the call back in november.<br />nice conversation....but very basic selling strategies.<br />regards

Archive
03-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason Duncan</b><p>They called me yesterday.

Archive
03-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p><DIV>Ebay cares more about peoples collecting needs than Leon does. That's for sure. He only allows posts from his friends... Rob</DIV>

Archive
03-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I received a call from E bay customer service as well. Last week. I spoke to them for over half an hour. We discussed my concerns, and issues. She did seem to care. Many of my concerns are things that E bay can not do a whole lot about. There are many scam artists on there. But the fact that they called, amazed me. She actually gave me a 'real' phone number where I can call if I have any future questions and issues. I tryed the number later, and it was authentic.<br /><br />Maybe there is hope.<br /><br />

Archive
03-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If that were the case you wouldn't be posting right now.....why don't you leave as you said you would last night via email. The CU boards are a great place for you to talk about Topps....get over it...

Archive
03-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>I got a call from them about a month ago. Seemed like he actually listened to some concerns, and then gave me numbers for real live people at both ebay and pay pal.

Archive
03-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Got a call about 2 weeks ago about increasing my sales on EBAY. Don't like to give any information over the phone and asked them to send me an email. They did do that.<br /><br />Joe

Archive
03-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>I was called a while ago. I would guess that it was at least eigth months ago. I could tell from the outset that it was a legit call. "EBay" showed up on my caller ID and had on a number of previous occasions before I picked this call up. The conversation was similar to what all you folks described...suggestions as to how I could increase sells. I do not remember if there was discussion about an EBay Store, but I had already made it clear that I only sell because I collect. It is not a business for me. The longest part of the conversation was about my reasoning for having an account to buy in and a separate account to sell in. It seemed to be a foreign concept to him that I wanted to be free to leave negative feedback to bad sellers without worrying about retaliatory feedback in an account I sell from and thus have to maintain perfect/near perfect feedback.

Archive
03-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>Cat, don't ever trust what it says on your caller ID...there are now devices that allow people to show up on someone's caller ID with whatever they want it to say. This of course should be illegal and I'm hoping that it will be soon.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/sfl-316callerid,0,1090345.story?coll=ny-leadnationalnews-headlines" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/sfl-316callerid,0,1090345.story?coll=ny-leadnationalnews-headlines</a><br /><br />

Archive
03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>EMPATHY calls....<br /><br />You can only hope that they are trying to do something rather than lend a deaf ear...

Archive
03-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>Thanks Dan. I have always trusted Caller ID, but no more.

Archive
03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Scot</b><p>Ebay support called me too. They had a couple selling suggestions. Asked if I had any questions. They seemed courteous and tried to help IMO.