PDA

View Full Version : National Chicle/T201 Mecca Folders

Archive
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Ray</b><p>Identify7 told me about the National Chicle set. Looking in Beckett, all I see that they have listed is 1936 National Chicle Fine Pen Premiums R313 and 1936 National Chicle Maranville Secrets R344. But doing a search on Ebay all I see is "1934-36 National Chicle Batter Ups" and the card numbers for the Ebay cards don't match the ones for either of the two sets listed in Beckett. Anyone know of an online checklist/value list for the Ebay ones? <br /><br />I could also use a T201 Mecca Folders checklist/value list.<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />NOTE - I actually found a T201 Mecca Folders list on beckett. On VCT, though they have the same ones listed as 1912 cards instead of 1911. Did they err or am I missing something?<br /><br />Thanks again

Archive
03-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Chirs Counts</b><p>Ray,<br /><br />There are at least three National Chicle baseball card sets, but it's hard to find them on eBay simpy by typing in "National Chicle." The company, which I believe was based in Cambridge, Mass., is best known for its colorful "Diamond Stars," which were issued between 1934 and 1936. During the same period, they also issued "Batter-ups" and "Fine Pen" premiums. They may have issued some other premium sets as well ...

Archive
03-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Henry Eshelman</b><p>You may want to stop using beckett as they dont have much vintage knowledge. Switch to SMR or Old Cardboard. <br><br>Thanks, Henry Eshelman<br /><br />Website:www.freewebs.com/vintagebaseball

Archive
03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>Take my advice: Don't ever listen to identify7. We only keep him around here because ... hmmm, why do we keep him around here?<br /><br />Anyway, if you search using "Batter Up" you will usually have some luck. The set ACC designation is R318.