PDA

View Full Version : Graded T213's

Archive
03-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Noel</b><p>Hello all..I am so glad to find a page with so many vintage collectors. I am new to this page but hope to check in quite often. If there is ever anything i can do to help someone please dont hesitate to reach out and ask. I love talking baseball and vintage cards. Im kicking around putting together a T213 set or just collecting some HOFers. Im a little puzzled as to the scarcity and the pricing of these cards. These appear to be much scarcer than the T206's but yet are similar in price. Is anyone else working on this set or have some information on prices or publications?

Archive
03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Welcome aboard. Sit back and relax. You have found a very good place to learn about pre-WWII vintage baseball cards. The T213's are very popular. If you use the search engine on the front page (always use the "matching" and not "date") you will find plenty of good reading. They type 2 T213's are the easiest of the three sets...but it would still be a good, difficult, set to complete.....Either the Type 1's or 3's would take most of a lifetime to complete.... best regards

Archive
03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Welcome to the forum! Even T213 series 2 cards are difficult to acquire compared to T206's. A couple of probable reasons that they do not command prices much above T206's are the re-use of T206 poses and the failure of Coupon to update any uniforms. I have a Bridwell listed with Nashville who appears in his Giants uniform. Nonetheless, great cards that will most likely gain popularity amongst collectors are other issues become too pricey.

Archive
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>I had about 80 or so T213's.......about 65-70 series II's, 5-8 Series III's (with 3-4 overprints) and 2-3 Series I's. The series II's are most common but HARD to find without a crease or heavy cracking like T207's. The III's are easier to find cleaner because they didn't have the shellacking and were trimmed tighter, so you see more great condition ones. Series I's seem to be very tough in any condition. Wish I had 'em all back--especially the overprints! <br /><br />Scarcity can be a double-edged sword. THey are scarce but the demand just isn't there for them. Think it may be because of the condition-difficulties on them. Anyway, good luck with them. Try www.gfg.com for some........