PDA

View Full Version : OT: Deadball Stars of the American League

Archive
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Daniel Bretta</b><p>Any SABR members out there heard anything about the release of this book??? Originally supposed to be out in January and I still haven't seen mine yet. The SABR bookstore only says that expected print date is January.

Archive
03-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>It's rare that any SABR publication that is slated for a given year ever gets out before March or April. I think the NL book arrived around June the year it came out. I can't wait to get my hands on this book, but I am not going to worry about when it will arrive, otherwise I will make myself carzy waiting for the thing.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive
03-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>This just appeared on the SABR-l list today<br /><br />Here's the deal with the Deadball Stars of the<br />American League. All the editing has been finished.<br />All the fact-checking has been finished. All the<br />copy-editing has been finished. So in other words, the<br />text of the book is all set to go.<br /><br />The delays we are currently experiencing are related<br />to layout. We have had some trouble with photos that<br />we have ordered from various vendors, which we are<br />trying to sort out. Once we will have secured the<br />needed photos, we will move swiftly towards going to<br />print. I can't give you a firm date for publication<br />until we clear this hurdle with regard to the needed<br />photos. <br /><br />Thanks for your patience, and I will update everyone<br />again as soon as I have more information.<br /><br />David Jones<br /><br /><br /><br><br>I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.